Senior Business Analyst
The Sr. Business Analyst will be responsible for sourcing data, creating and maintaining reports, and analyzing and forecasting operational performance. Internally this includes the development and management of dashboards, the publishing of required daily, weekly, and monthly reports and scorecards, and the timely communication of important trends and suspicious outliers. Externally this includes providing reports for daily, weekly and monthly reporting for clients, as requested by operational leaders. In addition, he/she will support the identification of best practices through rigorous analysis and research. This role will also require active participation in the centralization efforts of the Analytics department. Moreover, to effectively perform in this role, he/she will require building a network of close working relationships with Senior Leadership, Operations Directors, and Program Managers, as well as others across the organization.
The Sr. Business Analyst will possess a strong analytical skillset and proven knowledge of dashboard development and maintenance. He/she will be able to understand, analyze and synthesize: call center operations metrics, general business formulas, financial statements, regression analysis, and large data sets. This role requires a thorough understanding of data analysis and models. He/she will need to have strong working knowledge of all common and advanced analysis tools and formulae, proven experience writing SQL and VBA, capability of expanding the data mart, and leveraging reporting and dashboard tools through creation and use.
Essential Duties & Responsibility
Other duties may be assigned.
- Design clear, concise data visualization that maximizes audience understanding
- Leverage reporting and dashboard tools to create and present data
- Forecast operational performance and recommend solutions through the proactive use of predictive and prescriptive analysis
- Develop and manage Dashboards based on identified business needs
- Proactively enhance reporting capabilities and lead build out of automation wherever possible
- Interprets internal and external business issues and recommends solutions
- Solves complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify solutions.
- Clearly communicate new features, conduct needed maintenance, and provide technical support on reports and dashboards
- Routinely pull data from various sources as needed to generate reports
- Perform operational and financial analyses; proactively identifying and communicating trends, as well as suspicious outliers
- Provide informal guidance and mentoring to Reporting and Business Analysts
- Collaborate with operational leaders, as well as clients, to generate and/or modify reports to highlight potential root causes to key issues as they arise
- Provide analytical support on special projects around the organization on a one off basis
- Active participation in centralization efforts of the Analytics department
- Be able to consistently manage their own tasks and workload, and proactively report status
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position
Although this position will not have responsibility for direct reports, the position requires active leadership in the way of supporting strategic initiatives as well as active personal development and application of Six Sigma methodologies. In addition, the role will be heavily involved in the development of a Centralized Analytics environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem solving skills: Ability to structure ambiguous problems, think creatively, generate and test hypotheses
- Analytical skills: Strong quantitative background and logical decision making; ability to create and troubleshoot detailed financial and operational models
- Adept in working with raw data, integrating data from various sources, and preparing alternative methods of data presentation.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills – able to build relationships and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Presentation skills: Comfortable putting together storylines in PowerPoint
- High energy and ability to work in a very fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University required; MBA preferred. Major or focus/concentration in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Engineering is preferred. 7 years of proven analytical acumen in a professional or academic environment required. Call center experience preferred.
Neenah, WI | Brea, CA | Fort Myers, FL | Pasig City, PH | Belize City, BZ | Mexico City, MX
- Pay Type Salary
- Brea, CA, 975 W Imperial Hwy, Brea, California, United States of America
- Ft. Myers, FL, 12600 Gateway Blvd, Fort Myers, Florida, United States of America
- Neenah, WI, 120 N Commercial St, Neenah, Wisconsin, United States of America