Schaumburg, IL (50% Onsite, 50% Remote)
TouchTunes is the world's largest in-venue interactive music and entertainment platform, with our connected jukeboxes featured in over 65,000 locations globally. Our music experience inspires emotional connections in shared spaces, enhancing the way people interact with each other and their environment. Millions of songs are played daily across the TouchTunes network, with our popular mobile app driving the vast majority of plays.
In April of 2022, TouchTunes was acquired by TA Associates, a leading global growth private equity firm. We have developed a growth strategy to drive the next wave of expansion for the business, and we are seeking highly qualified and passionate candidates to join our diverse team of innovators.
We’re looking for a Payroll Manager. This person will be responsible for the functional ownership and day-to-day operations for the delivery of payroll services in the US and provides backup payroll support to Canada and UK. This role will operate with a high level of statutory compliance while executing payroll in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. The Payroll Manager will develop strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders ensuring a common understanding of all the transactions impacting payroll. The role will be responsible for employee data maintenance and integrity, maintaining compliance with state and local payroll requirements, interacting with all levels within the organization, reporting and other duties as necessary.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Perform all duties necessary for full-cycle payroll management and processing of biweekly, multi-jurisdictional payroll for US and, at times, Canadian employees (approx. 250) using Ceridian Dayforce including hourly and salary payroll, commission payments, bonus payments, taxable fringe benefits, wage garnishments and other special payments.
- Administration of Time Management system, including policy configuration and management in Ceridian Dayforce, processing of timesheets and reporting.
- Act as technical owner of the configuration and design of the Payroll and Time Management (TAFW) modules in Ceridian Dayforce, ensuring data integrity, maintaining current product knowledge and conducting and developing user acceptable testing (UAT) where required.
- Establish and maintain payroll standards and guidelines in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws including but not limited to compliance, process documentation and end-user job aids / training guides .
- Ensure proper taxation and withholding of all statutory withholdings and voluntary deductions, including the maintenance and execution of import files to internal teams and third-party vendors (i.e. 401k, GL).
- Provide ownership over the 401(k) Plan, partnering with third-party administrator and record-keeper to maintain plan compliance and ensure accurate record-keeping
- Partner with Accounting team regarding general ledger entries, mapping of the GL to automate reporting, payroll liabilities reconciliation, annual / ad-hoc audit support, reporting inquiries and other projects as necessary
- Manage the T&E reimbursement process, from user authorization through to payment, partnering with the accounts payable team to authorize and distribute payments
- Provide day-to-day support and issue resolution related to payroll, time and system inquiries, proactively communicating with impacted employees, managers and HR
- Align tightly with the HR Operations team to build and execute processes to support the onboarding, change, and offboarding processes through the use of Dayforce and other internal tools
- Prepare and compile payroll related reports and statistics for financial institutions, government and HR and accounting departments, which includes Worker’s Compensation insurance reporting
- Prepare, develop, and issue all required payroll ad-hoc and year-end reports including W-2s
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of experience processing payroll, including at least three years of functional ownership
- Full-cycle payroll experience with multi-entity, multi-jurisdictional organizations
- Expert experience with Ceridian Dayforce HCM payroll and time modules required
- Strong technical background in payroll and ability to own US payroll function with minimal guidance or direction; experience with Canadian payroll a plus
- Working knowledge of benefits compliance particularly its relation to payroll as a core function
- Subject matter expertise and strong working knowledge of payroll best practices, guidelines and compliance including multi-jurisdictional tax management
- Strong analytical and financial reporting and MS Excel skills (if statements, vlook-ups, pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Experience with documentation of business process and gathering of business requirements
- CPP or equivalent certification preferred
- Effective problem solving with a meticulous attention to detail and commitment to an error free environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, time sensitive deadlines and anticipate timing needs that will impact payroll
- Strong communication skills with a customer-service orientation and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate with a high level of confidentiality, tact and sound judgment
What is in it for you:
- Working alongside a bunch of super talented and friendly people.
- A fun, diverse, open and fast-paced environment focused on family atmosphere and creating an off-the-hook user experience.
- Challenging and stimulating projects.
- Working in a culture that likes to drive constant innovation.
- Free Access to a virtual health care application. Long gone are the days of waiting 8 hours at the clinic.
- Pet insurance.
- Very competitive insurance packages.
- Competitive 401(k) package with company match.
- Flexible working environment.
- In an effort to protect our fellow employees, their families and our customers, TouchTunes requires all employees working onsite to receive the COVID-19 vaccination with exemptions only for limited reasons required by law.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
TouchTunes is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. TouchTunes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Famille d'emplois Ressources Humaines
- Fonction professionnelle G
- Type de paie Salaire
- Taux min. à l'embauche 70 000,00 $
- Taux max. à l'embauche 75 000,00 $