Residential Counselor II - Longmont Group Home
Working in an Imagine! Residential Site is an experience like no other. You get the privilege of supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in living their lives to the fullest. You will provide a helping hand as they achieve their goals and contribute to their communities. You will celebrate their successes and help them overcome their challenges. This position offers the opportunity to create memories that last a lifetime, all while making your community healthier, happier, and more inclusive. Learn more below.
- Provides for the health, safety, and welfare of the consumers with disabilities in their homes.
- Attends to consumer health and safety needs according to all assessment and care plans, including medication administration, eating and feeding, personal hygiene (including restroom assistance), and home and community safety.
- Performs cleaning, cooking, and other site maintenance as assigned.
- Ensures the ongoing facilitation of person-centered principals in the home.
- Deals effectively with crisis situations.
Training and Supports:
Imagine provides paid training for all of our Direct Support Professionals. A list of trainings provided includes, but is not limited to:
- CPR and First Aid
- QMAP certification (Medication Administration)
- Safety Care certification by Quality Behavioral Solutions
- Lifts and Transfers
- Driving and vehicle safety
- Shadowing shifts with experienced staff and supervisors
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis
- Possession of an Active Current Driver’s License for the past 3 years
- Direct Care experience is strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, or similar fields preferred. Examples of comparable work include DSP, Direct Care Worker (DCW), classroom paraprofessional, special education (SPED Certified) paraprofessionals, CNA Certified Nursing Assistant, medical assistant, nursing home or long-term residential care, assisted living care, caregiver, home health care or personal care, social worker, childcare experience (including nanny and babysitter experience), camp counselor, recreational therapy, other similar human services fields.
- Type de paie À heure
- Taux min. à l'embauche 21,00 $
- Taux max. à l'embauche 22,00 $
- Longmont, Colorado, États-Unis