Research, Senior Analyst - Circular Economy
Energetics is a leading U.S. energy and management consultancy, with more than 40 years of experience working with government and commercial clients to solve complex energy and technology challenges from inception to deployment and beyond. Our services include strategic planning and technology roadmap development, energy analysis and modeling, strategic outreach and communication, metrics and program evaluation, market and technology impact assessment, and program management for technology deployment. We apply these services across multiple areas of clean energy, including energy efficiency and energy management, manufacturing technologies, renewable energy and hydrogen/fuel cells, advanced transportation, climate resilience and sustainability, critical infrastructure resilience, and grid modernization. Established in 1979, Energetics is headquartered in the Washington DC Metro area, with offices in Maryland, Washington DC, New York, California, Washington State, and Dubai (UAE). We provide technical support to multiple offices at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), including the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, Office of Fossil Energy, and the Energy Information Administration. Energetics also works with many other government and private sector clients, including the National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, United Nations Industrial Development Organization, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, the California Energy Commission, major U.S. utilities, national laboratories, trade associations, universities, and commercial manufacturers.
Looking for an opportunity to apply your passion for energy and sustainability? A place where you can make an important contribution in a collaborative, flexible work atmosphere? Energetics is seeking a Circular Economy Research Analyst to evaluate emerging technologies in support of our Department of Energy clients. The successful candidate will work closely with interdisciplinary teams to assess the potential for emerging industrial technologies that support a circular economy, including technologies related to waste reduction, recycling, and remanufacturing. The Circular Economy Analyst activities will also include analyzing supply chains and investigating secondary markets for products. As part of your work, you’ll gain innovative knowledge and contribute towards technologies, policies, and R&D trends and strategies for reducing industrial and economy-wide energy and emissions. Strong candidates for this position will have a science and/or engineering degree, knowledge of circular economy approaches, and prior experience evaluating market impacts and technologies. Experience in life cycle assessment or other environmental assessment methods (as they apply to industrial technologies) will be highly beneficial. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator who is adept at communicating technical findings to non-experts. Excellent presentation and writing skills are desired for this role. Join our team at Energetics and help turn ideas into real impacts. Energetics is a subsidiary of VSE Corporation. The Research Analyst will work in a highly collaborative atmosphere, interacting directly with government program managers.
This position can be based in any of Energetics’ existing U.S. offices (Washington, D.C.; Columbia, MD; San Diego, CA; Lafayette, CO; or Utica, NY), or anywhere in the United States as a remote telework position. Minimal travel (1-2 trips/year) will be expected. Candidate must be able to legally work in the United States.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect information from varying sources and synthesize into quickly digestible reports on the potential market size and environmental impacts of emerging technologies.
- Analyze material flows through industrial supply chains, waste streams, and the overall opportunity to understand and identify the most impactful opportunities for circular economy approaches.
- Research national and international trends and benchmarks for material, emissions, and energy reduction impacts from emerging circular economy and decarbonization technologies
- Interpret and evaluate industry research data and develop market projections that support and guide strategic decision-making
- Synthesize and clearly communicate results of research related to the market research to colleagues and clients through formal and informal presentations and written technical communications (reports, white papers, fact sheets, briefings, journal articles, etc.).
- Participate, network, and help coordinate stakeholder engagements, workshops, and discussion with industry experts.
- Support and advise government clients with programmatic analysis, program/project management, and strategic planning.
- Conduct research and provide technical and communication for RD&D and Consortia program management activities.
- Work closely with program managers and co-workers in a fast-paced collaborative team environment (diligent and responsive contributor). Advise on industry-relevant market opportunities for decarbonization technologies.
- Provide connectivity to other research areas and offices through cross-cutting activities.
- Liaison between scientists at universities/laboratories and government decision-makers to assist in distilling key technical results and potential impacts from R&D.
- Supports in person and virtual meetings with clients and stakeholders, including but not limited to preparing meeting materials, scheduling meetings, assisting the meeting facilitator, and summarizing proceedings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (engineering preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in engineering, sustainability, environmental life cycle assessment (LCA), or related work (2 years with Masters or Ph.D. degree).
- Experience in analyzing supply chains, material flows and sourcing, and sustainability/resiliency in supply chains.
- Interest in energy efficiency, decarbonization, and/or clean energy technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong technical writing skills and an ability to tailor written and verbal communications for technical and non-technical audiences.
- A strong interest in pursuing work in the area of sustainable manufacturing, industrial decarbonization, and the clean energy transition.
- Experience performing literature reviews.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced analytical and Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to excel when working on self-managed tasks and as a member of a team.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- In compliance with Executive Order 14042, any successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or obtain an accommodation from the vaccination requirement based on disability or sincerely held religious belief, on or before the start date
- Candidates with experience in energy systems modeling, environmental assessment techniques (including techniques such as life cycle assessment (LCA), environmentally extended input/output (EEIO) modeling, and carbon footprinting) are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Practical experience in one or more of the following areas: waste management, manufacturing, supply chain analysis, sustainable materials, mining, renewable energy or corporate sustainability
- Masters or PhD degrees in a science or engineering field are a plus
- Candidates with more years of experience than the minimum are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience in government consulting, supporting government organizations, public-private partnerships, or stakeholder engagement.
- Proficient in running web meeting platforms, e.g., Teams, Zoom, GoToMeeting, WebEx.
- Technical publications in the field of market research, manufacturing or clean energy technologies.
- Project management experience.
- Grupo de puestos Operations
- Tipo de pago Salario
- California, EE. UU.
- Columbia, Maryland, EE. UU.
- Nueva York, EE. UU.
- Washington D. C., Distrito de Columbia, EE. UU.
- Washington, EE. UU.