Production - Seafood Production Worker
Summary:Assists manager by ensuring inventory properly recorded androtated into stock. Processes fresh fish for customer orders. Selects products from pick ticket and stages orders. Replenish stock as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all incoming seafood is properly rotated into stock
- Ensure that production maintains a steady flow in order to meet production requirements
- Reads production schedule or customer order to determine items to be processed, moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from stocked locations to production areas or storage or to other designated areas using electric pallet jack.
- Lift seafood onto table- Lifting 15-20#s consistently, frequently up to 50# and occasionally up to 100# with assistance.
- Uses electric scaling machine to scale fish- involves standing for long periods.
- Sorts and places items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Work in refrigerated rooms 30-36 degrees.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for stock items and distributes items.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department to prepare for shipping.
- Marks or labels items with identifying information.
- Opens boxes, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of items distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area including warehouse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and/or weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual be able to use a scan gun, enter location changes and other information.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed. Must be able to training required for equipment used.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Must be able to work in refrigerated and freezer areas.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 to 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Allen Brothers, !893, LLC dba Wabash Fish, 2249 W Hubbard Street, Chicago, Illinois, Estados Unidos de América