Copy - Supply Chain - Buyer
Union City, California, EE. UU. Sol. nº 2649
viernes, 2 de septiembre de 2022
Summary:Coordinates inventory replenishment activities with suppliers, sales, logistics and operations for assigned categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain the entire Purchase-to-Pay process, covering:
- PO Creation
- Vendor Confirmation
- Accurate expected delivery date updates
- Collaboration with Accounts Payable to ensure payment.
- Maintain Purchasing system data to effectively generate suggested POs.
- Maintain necessary required vendor documents (electronic and physical), such as W-9’s, Indemnities, etc.
- Work closely with:
- Vendors to ensure POs are filled and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Vendors to manage FDA issues.
- Logistics to minimize freight expenses.
- Sales Managers to manage out-of-stock or over-stock risks.
- Customer Service teams to enable sales order growth.
- Buyers to build upon best-practices.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships to not only support PO fulfillment, but also negotiate volume discounts and price breaks wherever possible.
- Manage Fusion system issues that impact Purchasing and Receiving.
- Maintain BFC dating system to minimize close dated issues and Expired product impact.
- Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years buying experience with a focus on Specialty Food Products for a multi-unit Distribution Organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university preferred.
- Previous food service distribution and/or food importing experience strongly preferred.
- Commodity product awareness including blanket commitments, contractual processes, and appropriate market tracking.
- Advanced Excel Skill and additional Computer skills (JDE, Microsoft Suite – Word and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Competencies and/or Attributes:
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and a high level of analytical capabilities within Excel
- Self-starter, professional, goal oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure, be comfortable in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment.
- Flexible with the ability to work well with all departments and levels of staff both internally & externally.
- Professional demeanor during all interactions with vendors, customers and fellow employees via phone or in-person.
- Have a drive to advance within the organization.
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Union City, California, EE. UU.