Distribution - Transportation Supervisor
Brisbane, California, EE. UU. Sol. nº 2397
domingo, 22 de mayo de 2022
Plans, directs, coordinates and participates in activities of warehouse / delivery drivers for the Company including personnel scheduling, meeting customer delivery obligations and standards, and ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal transportation regulations. Duties may be performed personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate and supervise daily activities of warehouse/driver personnel including route assignments, vehicle assignments, customer deliveries and vendor pick-ups.
- Ensure compliance with all USDOT requirements as well as those of other regulatory bodies related to vehicle use and maintenance, safe operation of vehicles, and required medical certifications.
- Train warehouse/driver personnel to required standards and complete periodic evaluations of driver performance.
- Maintain USDOT-required driver files
- Maintain and update work and duty schedules for warehouse / driver personnel
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and meet maintenance standards and requirements
- Reports services issue to leasing company.
- Respond to and resolves customer complaints, including immediate problem-solving, coordinating response with appropriate sales personal and applying corrective action and/or discipline as required
- Train warehouse / drivers in all aspects of material handling both on and off the vehicle.
- Evaluate employee performance on an ongoing basis – including regularly scheduled road-testing -- and respond with appropriate reinforcement, coaching or correction as necessary
- Execute all aspects of accident investigation and insurance reporting in coordination with the Operations Manager, other Company officials, or representatives of insurance interests as circumstances dictate
- Monitor trip and dispatch logs and vehicle monitoring software for conformance with schedules and direct preparation and retention of dispatch and vehicle operations records and reports.
- Maintain mileage records for taxes and leasing company.
- Gain proficiency in the Company’s primary sales processing software system as well as subordinate systems
- Drive routes during peak times and as needed to carry out the operation’s delivery obligations.
- Conduct weekly meetings to inform staff of new procedures and other company-wide information. Collaborate with Operations, Product, Purchasing and Sales personnel to ensure information is accurate and comprehensive
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Brisbane, California, EE. UU.