GIB Tech/2nd/Quality Technician
Gibbs will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
TITLE: Quality Technician PLANT: Tech Plant
DEPARTMENT: Quality REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Provide quality presence on the production floor that assures product and process are compliant to all customer expectations and standards while assisting production associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following list includes the type and scope of work as a part of this job. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Gibbs Die Casting Corporation provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current Team Members to discuss potential accommodations with the Human Resources Department.
- Quality contact person on the production floor. Decisions that are unable to be made by the Quality Technician should be presented to the Quality
- Assist in development of new programs to insure that internal and external customer needs are met. (Includes team involvement with control plans, PFMEAs, process flow diagrams, inspection standards, capability analysis, gages, mistake proofing, etc.).
- Create/update quality documentation and train team members accordingly as required for corrective and preventative actions, deviations, temporary alert notices, gauging methods, online work instructions and rework instructions.
- Make solid data & fact driven quality decisions. Assist and teach others in the quality decision making activities, customer requirements, gage techniques, inspection and part fit and function features detrimental to customer satisfaction.
- Actively involved in cross functional problem solving teams to perform root cause analysis for failures internally and those affecting our customers thru defect recreation, is/in not, 5 why & cause & effect.
- Audit lines in each area, final inspection and off-line inspection for compliance of quality standards & documentation.
- Raises the flag to stop production when critical non-conforming work habits and/or product put the customer at risk.
- Lead teams in continuous improvement activities on the shop floor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education, knowledge, skills and abilities:
Education: High School diploma or GED required
Experience: Minimum one year relevant experience
Communication: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data, engineering standards, blueprints, and procedure and manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public, Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate specifications and requirements clearly in written and drawing formats.
Math: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Computer Skills: Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software, Word Processing and Email software.
Other: The successful completion, as available, of Blueprint Reading classes, SPC, and Measurement Tools for QC classes. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule. Must be willing and able to complete all required classes assigned through training matrix.
- Grupo de puestos PROD
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Indicador de empleo Regular
- Gibbs Die Casting Tech, 310 Community Drive, Henderson, Kentucky, Estados Unidos de América