Job Title: Safety Coordinator Department: Administrative
Reports To: VP of Operations Effective Date: 05/04/2022
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged Safety Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will administer safety auditing and training, track certifications and licenses, ensure proper workers compensation reporting/handling, develop ways to promote safety and reduce accidents/injuries; and ensure proper OSHA recordkeeping and compliance with OSHA regulations.
ProProvide guidance to managers and supervisors in all matters related to safety, health, and environmental
- Maintain the GATE Oxford Safety Program to comply with Company, OSHA, and SHARP requirements.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer occupational safety and health matters.
- Investigate accidents that occur onsite and identify possible causes of the incident.
- Maintain documentation of the company’s safety procedures, accidents, and related events
- Administer Hazard Communication Program, and maintain Safety Data Sheet files and books to ensure availability of latest updates to all employees
- Create and implement safety plans while ensuring that they are being followed daily.
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operations.
- Oversee employee safety training and activities (weekly training, evacuation drills, tool box talks, safety committee meetings, etc.)
- Ensure all environmental / health certifications are current (air/water permits, respirator fit testing, audiometric testing, etc.)
- Ensure all equipment inspections are current and defective equipment is repaired or disposed of and replaced as appropriate
- Ensure all safety training and certifications are kept current (rigger certifications, forklift operator certifications, first aid/cpr training, etc.)
- Ensure all annual reviews are completed (Lockout Tagout observations, JHAs, Safety procedures, etc.)
- Ensure Safety audits are completed as required and conduct safety observation reports on a regular basis.
- Provide recommendations for improving safety in the workplace.
- Act as liaison between management and external safety agencies
- Ensure first aid supplies are stocked
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills to ensure good relationships
- Ability to meet deadlines
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma
2 years minimum experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar position
Prefer OSHA 30 hour construction or OSHA 500 certification
Certified Powered Industrial Truck Trainer preferred
Experience in Precast or Structural is preferred but will train the right candidate
Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs on an as needed basis, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reach, climb stairs, squat, grasp, and twist for extended periods
This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as 6" leather work boots, hard hat, work gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection Some prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer.
· Life and Accident insurance
· Legal Shield/Identity theft protection
· 401k with company match
· Medicare, Retirement planning, and Social Security assistance
· On-demand pay
· Educational Expense reimbursement
· Paid Vacation
· Paid Sick Time
· Paid Maternity leave
· Paid Holidays
GATE Precast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
For more information about us, please visit our website at www.gateprecast.com
- Grupo de puestos PRECAST PLANT
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Se requiere desplazamiento Sí
- % de desplazamiento 5
- % de trabajo a distancia 0
- Nivel de formación requerido Escuela secundaria
- Fecha de inicio del trabajo martes, 3 de enero de 2023
- 3800 Oxford Loop Rd, Oxford, NC 27565, EE. UU.