Fortitude Re works with the world’s leading insurance companies to help them execute comprehensive, transformational solutions for legacy Life & Annuity and P&C lines. Our deep insurance experience and proprietary risk modeling capabilities allow us to structure bespoke transactions that benefit both insurance companies and their policyholders. Fortitude Re takes a long-term view on growth and is proud to be backed by a consortium of sophisticated institutional investors led by The Carlyle Group and T&D Insurance Group. We have been in business since 2017, but our roots in the insurance industry — and the experience of our leadership — go back many decades.
Over the course of this 10-12 week Pilot Program, the Intern will have the opportunity to apply knowledge gained during the course their collegiate matriculation.
In addition to working collaboratively to complete a Program team assignment, the Intern’s responsibilities may include the following:
Contribute to financial close activities, which may include:
- Participation in walkthroughs and making updates to business process documentation
- Supporting monthly management reporting and expense monitoring process
- Preparing journal entries
- Preparing of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of Executive Committee, Audit and Board Meeting materials
- Coordinating with Internal and External audit in the delivery of requests
- Contributing to community service initiatives in support of core value initiatives focused on Diversity and Teamwork and Citizenship and Integrity
- Completion of financial statement tie outs
- Preparation of income statement and balance sheet fluctuation analyses
- Retention and storage of close documentation, including retention of internal control evidence
- Participation in Finance related projects
- Involvement with of financial systems platforms (includes G/L, Analysis & Projection Tools and other related systems & platforms).
- Actively participate in close meetings and take minutes
The ideal candidate is a rising junior, senior or graduate student candidate majoring in business, with a concentration in finance or accounting; all candidates must have a letter of recommendation or positive endorsement from the Program Sponsor/Advisor.
- Strong written and or communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptable to change and fast pace environments
- Positive attitude
Skills and Experience
- Be detail oriented and highly organized
- Possess strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Grupo de puestos FA - Finance
- Función del puesto Associate/Sr Associate
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Nashville, Tennessee, EE. UU.