Case Manager II;2238-218-A
161-10 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11432, EE. UU. Sol. nº 3007
miércoles, 13 de abril de 2022
For over 117 years, Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens has been providing quality social services to the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens, and currently offers 160-plus programs and services for children, youth, adults, seniors, and those struggling with mental illness.
Our HomeBase Homelessness Prevention Programs provide services to those who are at risk of entering a shelter due to rental arrears, overcrowding or substandard housing, and to those who have a prior shelter history as part of aftercare services. Services may include case management, tenant/landlord mediation, advocacy/benefit entitlements, short-term financial assistance, referrals and varied workshops that can help individuals who are at risk of homelessness.
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Case Manager II renders professional intervention to clients at risk of homelessness and homeless clients through comprehensive support services (assessment, intake, crisis intervention, information and referral, short and long-term comprehensive case management and financial assistance).
* Provide case management services, assessment and intake of participants to determine eligibility for services, including responding to telephone and walk-in inquires, conduct pre-screenings and provide brief and full services.
* Provide and/or assure that each case assigned receives regular visits and contact as needed.
* Establish and maintain case records including completing progress notes. Ensure all relevant case related information is inputted into case files and corresponding databases.
* Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
* Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of a consumer/family and respond to all referrals made to you/your program.
* BS degree in Human Services or related field.
* One Year experience in a social service setting or in providing direct services to individuals or families.
* Bilingual skills (Spanish) a plus.
* Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings according to the needs of program operation.
* Able to conduct home/field visits and travel throughout the five boroughs as needed.
* Frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
* Generous time off (Vacation/ Personal Days/ Sick Days/ Paid Holidays annually)
* Retirement Savings with Agency Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Life insurance
* Public Loan Forgiveness Qualified Employer
* Training Series and other additional voluntary benefits.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at:
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Tasa de contratación mínima $46,920.00
- Tasa de contratación máxima $52,550.40
- 161-10 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11432, EE. UU.