Clinical Case Manager - Sherman Way - MA, BBS
Job Title: Clinical Case Manager
Site: Sherman Way, Van Nuys, CA 91405
Dept: Permanent Housing Services
Reports to: Program Manager
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning (403b)
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Clinical Case Manager will provide field-based and site-based clinical services with clients to help remove barriers to housing placement and retain permanent housing. The Clinical Case Manager’s primary responsibilities are to comprehensively assess initial and ongoing individual needs, build rapport and sustain therapeutic engagement, while implementing interventions guided by functional needs assessments and treatment goal plans. Clinical Case Managers utilize clinical knowledge and skills to create interventions that target growth in coping skills and other life-skills learning. Through the use of evidence based practices such as harm reduction, housing first, and trauma-informed care, Clinical Case Managers support housing stability, medical and mental health wellness, and community integration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain a caseload of approximately 20 high acuity Clients for intensive case management services (up to 40 if low acuity).
2. Develop relationships with Clients with a focus on facilitating independence and maintenance of improved physical and mental health.
3. Provide crisis assessment and intervention.
4. Facilitate life skills and coping skills groups for Clients, as indicated.
5. Contribute clinical insight during weekly team case conferencing.
6. Meet regularly with clinical supervisor and attend weekly group supervision in order to obtain hours towards licensure. Supervision is provided at no cost to employee.
7. Collaborate with LA County Department of Mental Health (DMH) and Department of Health Services (DHS) programs to enhance coordination within Clients’ treatment team.
8. Engage Clients and implement interventions with an approach emphasizing Client choice, harm-reduction, and psychosocial rehabilitation within a setting guided by trauma-informed care, housing-first principles, and professional boundaries.
9. Assist in the screening, intake, and enrollment of Clients including orientation to program policies and goals.
10. Complete comprehensive biopsychosocial assessments and functional needs assessments to guide individualized treatment planning.
11. Complete assessment of mental health symptoms and diagnoses to guide mental health service linkage.
12. Complete quarterly collaborative goal plans with Clients with the purpose of targeting areas that will improve quality of life and health outcomes.
13. Write and maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date progress notes and data in electronic databases as required by the program and its funding sources.
14. Ensure all Client documents within physical charts are complete, accurate, current, and filed as guided by agency, department, and funder expectations.
15. Maintain confidentiality of Client information per HIPAA and internal agency guidelines.
16. Assist Clients in applying for and obtaining all benefits to which they are entitled.
17. Coordinate appointments, transportation, and follow-up services for Clients to improve access to primary health care, mental health care, substance use services, and other local resources in order to build sustainable community connections and reduce the need for emergency health care services.
18. Directly transport Clients in personal vehicle to various agencies and healthcare providers in the greater Los Angeles area to decrease barriers to access and increase community reintegration.
19. Support Clients by teaching and modeling life skills involved such as budgeting, housekeeping, meal preparation, appointment scheduling, health maintenance, and socialization within communities where they become housed.
20. Communicate effectively with property managers and other third party partners.
21. Work cooperatively and cohesively with multidisciplinary team including participation in weekly staff meetings, direct individual supervision, and trainings.
22. Adapt workload as directed by supervisor in response to funder expectations.
23. Other duties, as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in a mental health field.
2. Registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences or ability to do so within the first 6 months of employment.
3. Valid CA Driver’s license, reliable car, auto insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
4. Willing and able to transport Clients in your personal vehicle.
5. Experience working with homeless individuals, those living with mental illness and/or substance addictions, preferred.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of case management preferred.
7. Able to work in a high tolerance Harm Reduction model with Clients experiencing multiple barriers.
1. Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is a highly preferred skill for the position.
1. Combination of field and office environment
2. Regularly required to sit, stand, bend; occasionally lift or carry up to 35 lbs.
3. On occasion walk or drive to different local sites
4. Will necessitate working in busy and loud environments
5. Will be exposed to elements like cold, heat, dust, noise and odor
6. May need to bend, stoop, twist, and sit throughout the day
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL AGENCY EMPLOYEES
1. Maintain a safe work environment and confidentiality at all times
2. Be proactive, creative, and flexible in determining, evaluating, researching, and resolving issues
3. Organize and prioritize multiple activities to meet all external and internal deadlines
4. Maintain professional demeanor that reflects positively on the agency
5. Demonstrate respect and courtesy toward others
6. Able to thrive in a work environment emphasizing teamwork and collaboration
7. Respond in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
8. Work with minimum supervision
9. Perform other duties as assigned
Employee Incumbent Name
- Job Family Clinician Licensed
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.89
- Max Hiring Rate $28.47
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree