Heavy Media Sorter
Audubon Metals LLC is located in Henderson, Kentucky and began its operations in 1996 with an in-house heavy media sortation process and a single reverberatory furnace. Since then the company has continued to expand its Kentucky operations and has added a second facility in Corsicana, Texas.
"Automotive shredder residue," from automotive shredders throughout North America, is the main raw product brought in to our facility. We pride ourselves on being the only facility within the United States with a sortation and secondary smelter under one roof. We produce aluminum alloy ingots and sows for the automotive industry.
Audubon Metals LLC is a subsidiary of Koch Enterprises Inc., headquartered in Evansville, Indiana.
The heavy media sorter ensures that the right materials are sorted out to the right locations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the Heavy Media department by utilizing our H-3 Lean principles and core values
- Sort through material on conveyor belt to pick our coins, mag, copper, etc.
- Put sorted material in buckets, tubs, etc. in order to be properly weighed
- Make sure area is clean and organized to work in
- Complete paperwork in the heavy media department
- Know and work within the W.I. for job function
- More duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to distinguish between colors
- Must have good communication skills
- Be able to work with repetitive functions
- Ability to frequently use hands and arms or radio communication
- Ability to train others on position
- Must be able to perform work duties in a hot/cold temperature extremes, humid, and dusty environment for the duration of a 12 hour shift.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Be able to sweep and do light shoveling
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, or move approximately 25 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and/or climb stairs at various repeating intervals throughout the duration of the shift.
- Competitive Wages
- Preferred Operations Schedule (2-2-3, non-rotating)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Access to an Employee Fitness Center
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Wellness Incentives
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- New Hire Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Audubon Metals LLC offers a competitive pay and benefit package. Full-time employees are eligible for Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance coverage and potential profit sharing incentives, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and holidays, and 401(k) company match.
Audubon Metals LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks workplace diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
- Job Family LABORER
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required No
- Travel % 0
- Required Education High School
- Audubon Metals, 3055 Ohio Drive, Henderson, Kentucky, United States of America