Maintenance Technician I
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
GANNETT PUBLISHING SERVICES
The Maintenance Technician performs advanced mechanical, electrical, data and programmable maintenance to maintain, diagnose and repair specified production equipment and systems and acts in a lead role to support efficient production operations as needed to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work as part of a team to achieve and maintain on-time production performance including product quality and accuracy standards and operational safety including OSHA & EPA compliance.
Perform following functions at an advanced level:
· Perform new equipment installations, upgrades and improvements.
· Schedule and perform advanced mechanical & electrical maintenance, diagnostics and repairs on all designated equipment: CTP Imagers, processors, benders, press controls, printing units, reels, dampening & inking systems, inserting equipment, stackers, strappers, labelers, applicators, bindery equipment, conveyors, motors, pumps, dryers and other ancillary equipment.
· Assist supervisors and contract service providers.
· Inspect all repairs and modification projects.
· Contribute to staff training and development.
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
· Complete required annual OSHA. safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
· Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
· Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to production management.
· Provide timely & accurate information to management.
· Immediately report equipment or product issues to production management.
· Communicate scheduling needs to supervisors and/or production management.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent.
·Trade Certified in electrical, machinists or specialty training required (Vocational school, military, trade).
· Minimum five years related experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance,
diagnostics and repair.
· Journeyman level electrical certification preferred.
· English language fluency: Speaking, reading and writing.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
· Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job: pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching, stretching and working in tight positions.
· Must have the physical ability and coordination to remove and replace parts from machinery. To be functional within position person should be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
· Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
· Work in conditions of: Heat, humidity, working in tight areas, noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils, solvents and other related chemicals.
· Must have working knowledge of basic mechanical fundamentals.
· Must be flexible: Able to work overtime and Saturdays/Sundays when needed.
- Job Family Facilities
- Job Function Gannett Publishing Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fayetteville, NC, USA