Regional Manager of Timing Events
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
EnMotive, a Gannett Company, is a full-service event services company offering registration, timing, scoring and a wide range of other endurance event solutions. We work with over 1,000 events per year, using a combination of in-house registration, fundraising and volunteer software as well as industry leading external race timing software. We are looking for passionate, detail-oriented, computer & technology savvy individuals with the desire to help grow our business and integrate our software solutions to support our mission to becoming “the one stop source” for endurance and ticketing events.
Candidates should have strong customer service skills, a high degree of computer expertise, a broad knowledge of setting up networks, database management skills, be highly organized and a self-starter. All candidates must be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team. Applicants should be comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
Responsibilities may Include:
- Manage timing functions through the entire process: pre-race software setup, corral and bib management, race day timing functions, posting/confirming results, post-race management of timing inquiries and errors, and finalization of results
- Schedule and train contractors to perform services at events
- Manage and maintain an event budget
- Manage client life-cycle from lead to event execution
- Develop service agreements for client execution
- Responsible for event logistics: booking hotel accommodations, scheduling rental vehicles, creating equipment build lists, charging equipment, loading and unloading of equipment
- Responsible for maintenance of timing equipment: develop a maintenance plan, establish a process for periodic equipment checks and ensure all equipment is functioning and available on race day, arrange any equipment repairs and procure replacement equipment when necessary
- Communicate with event organizers as a consultant to ensure a well-organized and smooth event from all aspects, not just timing
- Responsible for bib preparation: communicating with event organizers to receive or place an order for bibs scheduled around the event timeline, printing and applying timing tags
- Help support, along with the corporate team, and maintain the online registration product to client specifications, ensuring all events are fully operational and provide users with seamless experience.
- Create reporting for analysis of registration data including weekly tracking, demographics for marketing/sponsors, and event-specific data needs
- Knowledge and understanding of all applicable USATF, USAT and EnMotive Rules of Competition as they relate to timing.
- Executing Timing and Event Operations at Events in a Lead Capacity
- Actively recruiting new events and event services for existing clients
- Success in the above areas requires cross-functional relationships with other key members of the EnMotive and client teams.
·College degree preferred
·Race timing/scoring experience preferred, but not necessary
·Event management experience is a plus
·Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
·Strong customer service skills
·Highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at any given time
·Excellent decision-making skills, including when working under pressure
·Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly troubleshoot problems
·Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
·Basic knowledge of HTML web design is a plus
·Ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data, in various formats
·Available to work weekends, select holidays and extended hours
·Ability to travel
·Demonstrated commitment to running, physical fitness, and an overall healthy lifestyle
·A self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Application features : customer relationship management, event registration, ticket registration, donation and fundraising, result posting and collection, photography, on-site dynamic check-in, fulfillment and shipping, support of membership and customized reporting. EnMotive is seeking candidates interested in a full-time position.
All positions will require some travel and the ability to work weekend events. Training will be provided for specific responsibilities; however, applicants must be eager and capable of learning software programs and technology on their own. Familiarity with the running, triathlon and obstacle racing event space is a plus.
- Job Family Events Marketing
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Portland, OR, USA