Front Desk Internship 2023 Summer
Crystal Mountain, 12500 Crystal Mountain Drive, Thompsonville, Michigan, United States of America
Thursday, October 13, 2022
Our Front Desk Intern will learn all aspect of Front Office operations and help in other departments of the Rooms Division to gain extensive hospitality experience. This position will be involved in the department’s daily operations and administration as well.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Greet and complete established check-in procedures for arriving guests.
- Facilitate guest departure (check-out), reviewing accounts and charges with guests during the check out process to ensure billing accuracy.
- Courteously answer inquiries and accept reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintain good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Assist with answering incoming calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Control cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank.
- Attend leadership meetings including resort manager meeting, hotel operation meetings and weekly function sheet meetings.
- Shadowing in other lodging operation departments; Reservations, Housekeeping Management, Guest Services.
- Assisting Front Desk Supervisors and Front Desk Managers with department administration.
- Participating in extensive customer service and resort operating system training.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Prior experience with Springer Miller (SMS) is a plus.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data in various formats.
- Able to work with faxes, copiers, scanners and various other technologies in offices and on resort.
- Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs)
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Adapt at managing fast paced environment.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dependable and meets goals.
- Exemplifies professional conduct and adherence to company Core Values.
- Must be enrolled in field related educational program.
- Internship program requirements will need to be presented prior to internship approval.
Physical & Other Requirements:
- While performing these job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Non-smoking candidates preferred.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of work systems at Crystal Mountain, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
Crystal Mountain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. 2020 Bronze Level Veteran Friendly Employer.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort destination located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan's only alpine slide, the Park at Water's Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings and a conference center. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com.
Job Start Date
Thursday, May 11, 2023
Job End Date
Thursday, August 24, 2023