Data Scientist II
Location: Hybrid or Remote Work Model – Van Wert, Ohio or Dublin, Ohio
We are a team of employees who are passionate to deliver best in class customer service and innovation in the industry. It’s because we put Integrity, Relationships and Excellence in all aspects of our work.
Our employees have the opportunity to fully utilize their talents and bring their best self. We believe that who you are is just as important as what you do!
We are looking for a Data Scientist II that will help our analytics team in discovering insights from vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. In addition to your primary focus, will be required to effectively communicate analytical findings to business partners.
How You’ll make an Impact
- Develop and validate advance analytic models
- Build datasets to support model development
- Collaborate with other team members on scoping solutions and project decision points
- Compile data exhibits to support filings to department of insurance
- Instill a business-oriented mindset that drives research and science
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Clearly and effectively presents completed analysis with new insights and recommendations to the business partners
- Collaborates with different departments to build complex predictive models to support overall business objectives and business needs
- Develop tools to monitor model performance
- Regularly communicates the results and performance of predictive models deployed.
- Leverages emerging technologies, open source tools, and harnesses new mathematical techniques
- Researches and maintains awareness of best practices and techniques of statistical analysis
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Economics and Analytics
- Experience in performing predictive analytics in a large scale enterprise
- SQL experience
- Programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Experience using multiple data systems and sources (such as Hadoop, Spark, Aster, Teradata, etc.
- Experience with visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Precise accuracy and attention to detail
- Basic project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build APIs
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA