Location: Hybrid Work Model – Van Wert, Ohio
We are a team of employees who are passionate to deliver best in class customer service and innovation in the industry. It’s because we put Integrity, Relationships and Excellence in all aspects of our work.
Our employees have the opportunity to fully utilize their talents and bring their best self. We believe that who you are is just as important as what you do!
Technology plays a crucial role in our ability to deliver best-in-class insurance products. We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Systems team. The Systems team integrates technical operations and infrastructure aspects to support software and hardware that compiles the backbone of our infrastructure.
You will be responsible for supporting and securing the Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft O365, and hybrid Microsoft Exchange environments. You will utilize various automation tools to eliminate manual tasks and improve optimization and efficiencies by serving on the team as an individual contributor that is fully capable of supporting assigned hardware and software. You will be expected to help define compliance and security, coach younger engineers on technology choices, and provide feedback to senior engineers and engineering managers on system status.
How You’ll make an Impact
- Supports assigned hardware and software and contributes to policy standards
- Owns their individual contributions to infrastructure efforts, meets project deliverables by collaborating with infrastructure management, engineering, product managers, and other departments.
- Resolves hardware and software issues within assigned systems on own
- Research new capabilities and suggest improvements to the infrastructure environment
- Builds/configures/monitors/supports all servers and resources related to infrastructure environment
- Responsible for backups and disaster recovery procedures on assigned systems
- Implements industry best practices for system hardening, data security in transit and at rest, and configuration management
- Ensures software licensing compliance and recommends areas for cost savings
- Provides on-call support of assigned solutions and systems
- Understands the importance of security, and works within policies and tools from the security team to ensure compliance
- Designs additional functionality on top of existing processes and approaches and is mindful of introducing system downtime. Should communicate changes and planned outages to the team and to stakeholders based on patterns established within the teams
- Chooses between new tooling and techniques based on experience, evaluation, and judgement, with minimal guidance from senior engineers
- Coaches newer engineers on team norms, processes and documentation
- Knows the tools, techniques and processes that are used within the team to deliver within their context and can help onboard newer engineers and provide information on how they are to be used
- Creates a systematic approach to debugging a problem independent of guidance from senior engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for assigned systems or subsystem
- Communicates effectively with engineers on the team to keep others aware of progress
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Or Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, and 2 years related experience or 4 years related experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate project updates, system issues, and negotiate options at management levels
- Skilled knowledge of workstation and server operating systems, Azure and O365 administration
- Skilled in security technologies around authentication, authorization, auditing, and data exfiltration
- Skilled in data security and auditing
- Skilled with administrative scripting tools
- Skilled supporting complex software and hardware systems, middleware, services, and cloud solutions
- Working knowledge of active directory, email systems, network, certificates, and SSL configuration
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- Job Family IT-Infrastructure
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA