Rates & Forms Analyst
Location: Hybrid Work Model - Van Wert, Ohio
We are a team of employees who are passionate to deliver best in class customer service and innovation in the industry. It’s because we put Integrity, Relationships and Excellence in all aspects of our work.
Our employees have the opportunity to fully utilize their talents and bring their best self. We believe that who you are is just as important as what you do!
As a Rates & Forms Analyst, you will play a key role in the rate change process for our company. You will work with various departments within the organization to compile information and submit filings electronically to the state departments of insurance. You will review and advise on state regulatory rule and form changes. The Underwriting Operations team also composes all policy forms and maintains company manuals that are utilized by Central. This candidate must work independently, be detail oriented and work on research projects.
How You’ll make an Impact
- Organize and submit filings accurately according to the Rate Rule Form timeline, adjusting timing of submissions based on the historical tendencies of the state while assertively identifying opportunities to avoid objections.
- Proactive and prompt communications with company personnel throughout the filing cycle.
- Effective maintenance of files and documentation with imaging being completed within 30 days of receiving approval from the DOI or Bureau.
- Demonstrate DocuMaker competency with proper positioning of forms within policies, as well as avoiding promotion errors and processing obstructions for other departments when they complete policy transactions.
- Maintain and update company manual and publish to Reference Connect
What You’ll Bring
- Commercial or Personal Lines rating experience
- Knowledge of company and bureau rating plans and manuals
- Working knowledge of Reference Connect
- Exceptional work ethic
- Commitment to superior customer service, conflict resolution, and strong problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport with each customer, both internal and external, by actively listening and assertively responding to their needs
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally using proper grammar both orally and in writing
- Effectively prioritize multiple tasks to meet required deadlines and work independently
- Exercise initiative and judgment while researching and responding to inquiries
- Adapt quickly to change
- Forward thinker who proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA