Data Analytics Manager
Location: Hybrid Work Model – Van Wert, Ohio or Dublin, Ohio
We are a team of employees who are passionate to deliver best in-class customer service and innovation in the industry. It’s because we put Integrity, Relationships and Excellence in all aspects of our work.
Our employees have the opportunity to fully utilize their talents and bring their best self. We believe that who you are is just as important as what you do!
As a Data Analytics Manager, you will help facilitate the growth of an emerging Data Analytics group within Central Insurance. You will have the ability to create solutions from sprawling data sets and the business acumen to convert findings into strategic opportunities. This individual will be expected to use AI/ML to solve real world problems, interpret key findings and ensure that data accuracy and consistent reporting are achieved by implementing optimal process for data science employees to follow. This candidate must be a strong leader, motivator, collaborator, and a strategic thinker.
How You’ll make an Impact
- Lead cross-functional projects using data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide decisions and uncover optimization opportunities for claims initiatives
- Build, develop and maintain data models, data automation systems, reporting tools, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions
- Develop technical processes and policies to address business issues and ensure accuracy of data and deliverables
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics
- Build and manage a team of analyst-level employees and vendor resources
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, and mining as well as modeling, visualization, and communication deliverables
- Interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, sales, marketing, and product teams
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees/vendors and effective collaboration with stakeholders
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders
What You’ll Bring
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, etc.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, and data collection from multiple systems
- Strong SQL skills with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations
- Experience in analyzing unstructured data and knowledge of NLP models and products
- Experience with coding languages, including R or Python, Julia, Java
- Knowledge of cloud computing GCP, AWS, Azure, etc
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- Pay Type Salary
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA