Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Hybrid Work Model – Van Wert, Ohio or Dublin, Ohio
Technology plays a crucial role in our ability to deliver best-in-class insurance products. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure DevOps team. The DevOps team integrates technical operations and infrastructure aspects to support software Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and this role will play a critical part in how we want to innovate
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for integrating software project functions and resources across the software life cycle from planning, building, testing, and deployment support. You will utilize various automation tools to eliminate manual tasks and improve software deployment efficiencies by serving as a mentor and as an individual contributor. You will help define and implement a continuous delivery and release strategy, coach younger engineers on technology choices, and provide feedback to tech leads and engineering managers on system status.
What You’ll Do
- Takes on a leadership role in a team that implements DevOps infrastructure projects
- Provides technical leadership throughout the department in delivering innovative, scalable, fault-tolerant solutions that meet standards, guidelines, and SLAs
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into products for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture
- Manages the organization's continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency; develops deployment pipeline strategy on the organization's CI/CD processes for new and existing products
- Executes department-wide architectures and methodologies for software development support across multiple platforms and teams
- Designs and deploys self-service automation, monitoring, and analysis solutions to improve development, testing, deployments, and production environments
- Develops complex solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Conducts root cause analysis, leads post-mortem assessments, and oversees outages and issues across multiple teams; implements improvements to prevent recurring issues
- Ensures software licensing compliance and recommends areas for cost savings
- Makes recommendations for improved efficiencies or procedures and can articulate the impact of those changes and the support costs involved
- Selects and implements industry best practices for system hardening, data security in transit and at rest, and configuration management
- Takes ownership within the team to ensure that security standards are in place and followed
- Recognizes training needs across the team and mentors their teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner; seeks out mentoring opportunities specifically to create team redundancy and backfill ability; mentors members of other teams as needed
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent mentoring and coaching skills
- Expertise in employment of DevOps best practices and various tools and technologies in traditional and cloud environments
- Expertise with CI/CD pipeline tools integrated with source control, automated build/test, provision and management of infrastructure, and proactive performance monitoring
- Expertise with scripting tools, automated deployment frameworks, and infrastructure automation tools
- Expert business acumen and knowledge of root cause analysis and problem detection
- Broad experience with Azure DevOps (IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service), PAAS (Platform as a Service), and Infrastructure as Code (IAC) patterns and principles)
- Extensive knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker containerization
- Extensive knowledge of IIS, C#, Angular, NuGet, Visual Studio, Kafka, Redis, or similar tools
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- Job Family IT-Infrastructure
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA