Location: Hybrid Work Model – Van Wert, Ohio or Dublin, Ohio
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering Team. The Data Engineering Team is part of CMI's overall digital transformation and how it leverages data in more aspects of its business by ensuring the highest quality data is available to decision-makers at the right time. This role will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining CMI’s Enterprise Data Management Framework.
- Design, architect, develop and maintain high-volume data pipelines using Azure data factory, stored procedures, Azure functions, SSIS, SQL, APIs, etc. to bring together information from different source systems and proficient with how to integrate, consolidate and cleanse data and structure it for the use of various business functions.
- Responsible for all the data engineering projects at project level to (scope, schedule, cost and quality) deliver key business objectives and sustainable business results.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of information requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Devises solutions based on limited information and precedent and adapts existing approaches to resolve issues. Uses evaluation, judgment, and interpretation to select right course of action.
- Responsible for making Data Architectural decisions at team level.
- Helps in eliminating technical debt. Also helps coaching junior data engineers in eliminating technical debt.
- Develops various Enterprise Data Models (e.g., transactional data model, Financial Data (G/L) data model, Data Warehouse data model, Dimensional data model, MDM data model etc.)
- Contributes in implementing Enterprise Data Quality initiative.
- Apply subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues and recommend appropriate alternatives. Analyze problems of diverse complexity and scope, and exercise independent judgement to identify and select a solution.
- Provides technical leadership and coaches junior developers.
- Maximizes use of established tools/techniques; Identifies areas of risk and opportunities for improvement & resolves basic problems.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years related experience
- Or 4 years related experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must have at least 3 years hands-on Azure experience as a Data Engineer and have extensive expertise building, tuning and managing data pipelines with Azure Data Factory.
- Excellent experience with SQL language that includes developing advanced SQL queries, and query performance optimization techniques.
- Excellent experience developing conceptual, logical, and physical Data Models, including 3NF (3rd Normalized Form), and Dimensional Modeling.
- Excellent experience with Data Warehouse Architecture (Inmon vs. Kimball vs. Data Vault)
- Experience with Master Data Management (MDM), Data lineage and Metadata management.
- Experience with Data DevOps, including Agile, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with SQL server Analysis Services
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the Property and Casualty Insurance industry, strong understanding of insurance business and data models.
- Experience with DB2 database /mainframe z/OS and COBOL programming
- Dashboard development using Power BI.
- Experience with GitHub and Data DevOps integration
- Experience with Azure Databricks / Dedicated SQL pool and Serverless SQL pool with Azure Synapse Analytics/ Data lakehouse with Azure Synapse Analytics / Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2.
- Experience architecting, designing and developing Data Warehouse using Data Vault 2.0, Data Vault Modeling and Bi-Temporal Modeling
- Experience with neural networks, machine learning, deep learning, Azure Data bricks, spark, python, data mining techniques, and data science libraries like NumPy, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, etc.
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- Job Family IT-Data Engineering
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA