Location: Hybrid or Remote Work Model
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the continued financial strength of our company? As a Research Actuary, you'll be empowered to use your expertise to support Central's growth and financial goals. You can make a meaningful impact within our company and help shape our future.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the development and maintenance of Actuarial data sources
- Prepare analyses of statistical experience and communicate the results to Home Office and Regional personnel with minimal supervision
- Preparation of the Actuarial portions of Data Science projects in collaboration with other Actuarial teams with minimal supervision
- Ownership of the programming and development of repeatable processes to manipulate and query data
- Utilize Git repositories for storing and implementing code
- Complete peer review as well as review of Analyst II/Analyst work to ensure quality of work products
- Lead the continuous improvement of Actuarial processes and procedures based on industry trends and best practices in collaboration with other Actuarial teams
- Preparation of communication with Central leadership, as well as external stakeholders and vendors with minimal supervision.
- Ownership of any ad hoc projects as assigned
- Ownership of special projects as requested by the business and Actuarial
- Monitor Actuarial Department communications for opportunities to collaborate and drive consistency in actuarial work products
- Train others on Actuarial tasks
- Strong skills with programming languages such as Python, SQL, R, SAS and VBA
- ACAS/FCAS Designation
- Completion of Master’s or Bachelor’s program in Mathematics, Actuarial science, Statistics, Analytics or related field and 5 years of experience in an actuarial position or insurance pricing
- Or 8 years of experience in in an actuarial position or insurance pricing
- Working knowledge of Git repositories
- An ability to write object-oriented solutions and to package together and streamline existing processes is preferred
- Understanding of GLMs and other types of models, including machine learning and deep learning algorithms
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Possesses analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong math skills
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possesses multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to collect and analyze complex data, identify trends, establish facts, and recommend policies and procedures that drive effectiveness and efficiencies
- Ability to understand Central Insurance’s policies and processes
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 11605 Haynes Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
- 404 Wyman St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 7301 State Hwy 161, Irving, TX 75039, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA