Construction Defect Claim Specialist
Location: Hybrid Work Model
By joining our Claims Team as a Construction Defect Specialist, you will ensure high quality claim handling while making coverage determinations, investigating losses, conducting independent assessment as to the company exposure and moving cases towards timely resolution. You will be an effective source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and liability claim expertise.
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle assigned construction-related loss claims with a primary focus on construction defect claims
- Handle assigned volume of construction claims across multiple jurisdictions
- Develop and maintain excellent rapport with our agency force, insureds, claimants, experts, attorneys, and internal customers
- Serve as a construction subject matter expert internally and externally with insured and agents
- Attend mediations, trials, and overnight travel as needed
What your qualifications may look like:
- Ability to investigate and evaluate complex construction claims
- Experience specific to construction defect litigation preferred
- Ability to analyze available information and make effective decisions
- Ability to evaluate damages and negotiate fair settlements
- Expertise analyzing coverage for construction-related losses, including drafting coverage letters, drafting tender letters and drafting tender responses is required
- Litigation and mediation management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years of commercial claims experience with at least 3 years of construction defect experience preferred
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 11605 Haynes Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
- 404 Wyman St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 7301 State Hwy 161, Irving, TX 75039, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA