Location: Van Wert, OH or Dublin, OH – Hybrid Work Model
Technology plays a crucial role in our ability to deliver best-in-class insurance products. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our newly formed Developer Experience Team. The Developer Experience Team’s mission is to ensure developers have the right tools, processes, and environment to maximize productivity and create the greatest business value possible. The objectives of the team are to offer an opportunity to solve complex technical challenges and work with the latest technologies and frameworks like Kafka, Angular, OAuth and .NET.
You will be responsible for contributing to the creation and implementation of solutions aimed at supporting developers and applications. You will be expected to assist senior engineers and management on delivering quality features, providing input on technology choices and software evaluation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write code with testability, readability, edge cases, and errors in mind.
- Contribute to team’s documentation and watches for opportunities to share knowledge.
- Help to develop and support domain applications.
- Participate in building Proof of Concepts, providing input on build vs buy decisions.
- Employ a systematic approach to debug issues within a single service.
- Work productively in a portion of the team’s domain.
- Ensures work tasks are appropriately sized for incremental delivery with help from senior engineers and managers.
- Understand the importance of weighing cost and value in decision making and work with more senior engineers to apply this to work.
- Build strong relationships with teammates and manager.
- Completion of Bachelor’s program in Computer Science and 2 years related experience
- Or 3-4 years related experience
- Experience with Restful APIs, API Gateways, and OAuth.
- Drawn to automating repetitive tasks and improving daily workflow.
- Ability to approach challenges with an innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge norms.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Consistent in writing readable, testable, and maintainable code that account for edge cases and errors.
- Ability to write unit tests with consideration of edge cases, errors and happy path, as well as higher level tests with help from more senior engineers.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understands the importance of security and can leverage Senior Engineers for decisions on security implications.
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA