Location: Van Wert, OH or Dublin, OH – Hybrid Work Model
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the continued financial strength of our company? As an Actuarial Analyst in Corporate Reserving, you'll be empowered to use your actuarial expertise to perform loss reserving and other corporate reporting analyses in support Central's growth and financial goals. You can make a meaningful impact within our company and help shape our future.
What will you do?
- Prepare and execute loss reserve analyses for various Property & Casualty Lines of Business
- Prepare exhibits in support of loss reserve studies and clearly communicate the results to Senior Management
- Partner with internal business units to understand various corporate initiatives and their impacts on the book of business. Incorporate insights gained into ongoing reserve analyses
- Build and develop effective tools for monitoring internal and external loss development & P&C Profitability
- Deliver on ad hoc projects related to loss reserving and corporate reporting
- Monitor correspondence of the Actuarial Department to evaluate their impact on the loss reserving & corporate reporting work and to verify consistency of related actuarial work products
- Assist other business units (not limited to but including Risk, Accounting, Transformation, & Data Strategy) on various projects
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of methods and activities
We are seeking someone with the following experience/skills/knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years loss reserving experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to pass actuarial exams
- Strong academic and math background.
- Solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, claims, underwriting, and legal.
- Advanced computing skills, including Excel, Word, and SQL (SQL preferred but not required)
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Ability to think critically, problem-solve, and exercise discretion in order to apply independent judgment in completion of assignments and projects.
- Self-starter who, with minimal supervision, is capable of balancing multiple projects and delivering high quality work.
Do you live by our values of Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence?
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Do what you say you will do
- Care, because it matters
- Work as a team
- Never compromise on quality
- Commit to learning and development
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA