Location: Dublin, OH or Van Wert, OH- Hybrid work model
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, an intrinsic desire to ask why, and the grit to create something new? If so, Central Insurance might be the right place for you. We're an established insurance provider that believes technology and great customer experience are the keys to future growth. That's why we're building out our product team.
In this role, you'll become part of an empowered product team focused on Quoting and Issuance. You'll work closely with your Engineering and Design counterparts to ensure we maximize our investment in product development by clearly articulating requirements, breaking down work, and orchestrating the product team's activities.
If you're ready to move away from a rigid corporate culture to an entrepreneurial culture filled with friendly people that respect and value each other, read on.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Development, and Design to break initiatives into epics and stories.
- Document stories with strong acceptance criteria and validate acceptance criteria are met prior to release.
- Collaborate with your product team to ID dependencies, sequence work, and track deliverables.
- Create the initial list of stories and epics to be included within each sprint based on priority, effort, capacity, and dependencies and coordinate with Design and Product Development to finalize list.
- Groom the backlog and facilitate t-shirt sizing conversations.
- Facilitate regular standups and track release burndown at the story and epic level. Flag delays, communicate as needed, and adjust timelines if needed.
- Facilitate regular communications with stakeholders and remediate any disconnects. Regularly share status with x-functional teams.
- Co-ordinate project releases with relevant internal audit, and security teams to ensure all compliance requirements are met.
- If other team members are not available, assist with rollout enablement, high-level functional end-to-end testing, and user acceptance testing coordination.
- Identify UI and API driven events that help the team understand user experience and adoption and document tracking needs within user stories and epics.
- Track high-level costs associated with products and report to stakeholders, Product Development, and Product Managers.
- Understand the full product vision by attending research, initiative, and strategy walk-throughs conducted by Product Management and Design.
Education & Training
Bachelor’s degree in business management or computer related field (or 3 years of direct Product Owner experience)
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Strong foresight to identify ill-defined requirements, capacity constraints, risks, and dependencies that may require resequencing or rewriting of epics and stories
- Concise communication skills to ensure Product Development teams understand requirements and acceptance criteria and to share status and performance updates with technical and non-technical audiences
- Inquisitive with the ability to find bottlenecks, broken processes, capacity issues, and communication breakdowns and work with others to remediate
- Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to reflect on past team experiences and identify and execute future improvements
- Highly organized with the ability to create and track executable plans that maximize Product Development utilization and efficiency while also meeting user and market requirements
- Outcome oriented with the ability to track and communicate performance
- Collaborative with strong relationship building skills to coordinate x-functional teams
- Knowledgeable about different delivery methods and agile principals and methods
Two or more years of Product Owner or equivalent experience
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA