Associate Product Owner
Location: Dublin, OH or Van Wert, OH- Hybrid work model
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, an intrinsic desire to ask why, and the grit to create something new? If so, Central Insurance might be the right place for you. We're an established insurance provider that believes technology and great customer experience are the keys to future growth. That's why we're building out our product team.
In this role, you'll become part of an empowered product team focused on 3rd party integrations with our core policy admin system for personal and commercial lines. You will be in charge of creating a roadmap that optimizes our many existing integrations and delivers new integrations.
In this role you'll work closely with your Engineering and Design counterparts to ensure we maximize our investment in product development by breaking vision down into executable epics and stories, clearly articulating requirements, and orchestrating the product team's activities. You'll also work closely with other Product Owners to ensure the integrations fit within their user's workflow and their roadmap.
If you're ready to move away from a rigid corporate culture to an entrepreneurial culture filled with friendly people that respect and value each other, read on.
- Work with Product Managers, Product Development, and Design to break initiatives into epics and stories.
- Document stories with strong acceptance criteria and validate acceptance criteria are met prior to release.
- Collaborate with your product team to ID dependencies, sequence work, and track deliverables.
- Create the initial list of stories and epics to be included within each sprint based on priority, effort, capacity, and dependencies and coordinate with Design, Product Development, and more senior Product Owners to finalize the list.
- Participate in backlog grooming and t-shirt sizing conversations.
- Participate in regular standups and track release burndown at the story and epic level. Flag delays, communicate as needed, and adjust timelines if needed.
- Prepare regular status updates to be shared with stakeholders.
- If other team members are not available assist with rollout enablement, high-level functional end-to-end testing, and user acceptance testing coordination.
- Identify UI and API driven events that help the team understand user experience and adoption and document tracking needs within user stories and epics.
- Understand the full product vision by attending research, initiative, and strategy walk throughs conducted by Product Management and Design.
Education & Training
Bachelor’s degree in business management or computer related field (or 3 years of direct Product Owner experience)
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Clear and concise communication and writing skills to draft stories that can be easily understood and acted upon.
- Ability to identify and think through multiple potential scenarios or workflows for a use case and document them.
- Excellent listening skills to understand both business and Product Development needs.
- Naturally curious and self-motivated – you identify problems and knowledge gaps and conduct research to find solutions and knowledge.
- Strong research skills to investigate the unknown so stories are unambiguous and contain comprehensive acceptance criteria.
- Knowledge of agile processes, design thinking, and software development lifecycle
- Strong organizational skills.
Professional degree / certifications or 2 years of related experience in project management, business analysis, or product management (see Education & Training section above)
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA