Location: Dublin, OH or Van Wert, OH- Hybrid work model
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, an intrinsic desire to ask why, and the grit to create something new? If so, we might be the right place for you. We're an established Insurance provider that believes technology and great user experiences are key differentiators and that's why we're building out our product team.
We pride ourselves on our customer service so it's important to us that every interaction our prospective and existing customers have with us, makes them happy for choosing Central Insurance. As the Product Manager for our policyholder facing solutions and claims system, you'll work closely with your claims and marketing stakeholders to maintain our high customer service levels. You'll cover the customers end-to-end journey, starting with discovery and ending with claims. You will work closely with Design Research to understand our customers' journeys and unmet needs and craft a vision and roadmap that enables us to grow our business while maintaining excellent customer service. Working closely with Product Owners, Designers, and Engineers you will bring that vision to life.
We're a build shop, so if your passion is finding unmet needs and building amazing products, this is just the role for you. If you're ready to move away from a rigid corporate culture to an entrepreneurial culture filled with friendly people that respect and value each other, read on.
- Work closely with Design Researchers to identify research needs and conduct user focused market research.
- Work with internal business stakeholders to understand their wants and needs.
- Conduct market research to understand how our competitors are using technology to deliver great insurance products and customer experiences and to understand trends in the market.
- Work closely with our legal and security teams to understand and incorporate regulatory, compliance, and security needs into your roadmap.
- Work closely with your insurance counterparts to ensure your roadmap supports their market selection and route-to-market decisions.
- Work closely with your Engineering and Product Owner counterparts to evaluate build versus buy decisions and to evaluate vendors.
- Quantify the value of development work and create business cases to justify major initiatives. Conduct viability analysis by gathering risks and evaluating them against future opportunities.
- Decide which opportunities to pursue using opportunity mapping, design thinking, and other analysis techniques.
- Define minimum viable product (MVP) and progression from MVP to full-scale solution in an experience-based roadmap.
- Establish and communicate the product vision.
- Break prioritized opportunities down into impactful initiatives and work closely with Product Owners to create epics.
- Document initiatives and epics and define success metrics. Ensure documentation clearly articulates purpose and direction for initiatives and epics.
- Work with Design to prototype initiatives.
- Identify assumptions associated with prioritized opportunities. Work with Design and Product Development to determine risk level and build a plan to test assumptions.
- Track progress towards epic and initiative success metrics. Report to broader team and identify ways to iterate to meet metrics if possible or reset expectations.
- Capture and document enhancement requests. Request additional information to understand the root problems the requests are addressing, and the perceived value of enhancements. If accepted and prioritized, draft epics and initiatives.
- Set stakeholder expectations on roadmap and explain prioritization decisions.
- Articulate the value prop for the products and evangelize with internal teams.
- Speak about digital products at internal meetings, user groups, and other events and write content. Be able to clearly discuss product capabilities, differentiators, and roadmap.
- Determine which events should be tracked to understand progress towards product and business outcomes and to test assumptions. Actively monitor user experience and adoption metrics.
- Understand financial performance and digital product contribution.
- Understand costs associated with product and create initiatives to drive improvements when warranted.
- Track various metrics about our vendor relationships to ensure we are seeing the expected value.
Education & Training
Bachelor’s degree in business management (or 3 years of direct Product Management experience), MBA degree (or 2 years of direct Product Management experience)
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Research skills to conduct primary and secondary market research
- Ability to gather and synthesize large quantities of information to find unmet needs and opportunities
- Strategic thinking skills to development roadmaps
- Basic financial accounting skills to populate predefined business case templates and understand and make recommendations based on the results
- Comfort co-leading groups of people in innovation workshops
- Clear written communications skills to convert research to requirements
- Inquisitive style with the motivation to ask “why”
- Clear communication style to explain prioritization decisions and articulate product strategy and roadmaps
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to lead through referent and expert power rather than direct reporting relationships
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to not only communicate in software engineering specific jargon and non-technical language but also translate between the two.
- Three or more years of Product Management experience (see Education & Training section above)
- Prior experience in Insurance a strong plus.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA