Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hybrid Work Model – Dublin, Ohio or Van Wert, Ohio
Technology plays a crucial role in our ability to deliver best-in-class insurance products. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Policy-Admin team. The Policy-Admin subsystem is used by a variety of internal stakeholders to design, configure and deploy our insurance products. This mission-critical system offers complex technical challenges and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies like Kafka, Angular, and .NET.
You will be responsible for contributing to design and implementation to add features and resolve bugs by serving as a mentor to the development teams and as an individual contributor. You will be expected to help choose and implement design patterns, coach younger engineers on technology choices, and provide feedback to tech leads and engineering managers on system quality.
- Participates in all parts of the development lifecycle – from analysis and design, implementation, peer review, to production delivery and support.
- Work closely with the engineering manager, tech leads, and team to break features into work for engineers to build.
- Work with engineers to review implementation quality and design choices.
- Work closely with tech lead and team to identify technical debt and advocate for system improvements that enable faster delivery and reduced cost to serve.
- Provide coaching to engineers on making design tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Review and evaluate designs and development activities for compliance with guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Completion of Master’s program in Computer Science and 2 years of related experience
- Or completion of Bachelor’s program in Computer Science and 4 years related experience
- Or 6 years related experience
- You are either a front-end specialist or well-versed in effective service oriented architecture patterns.
- You can help engineers make design choices that balance speed to change now vs flexibility to change later.
- You treat engineering as a craft and enjoy coaching others
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Advanced technical knowledge of complex software systems, including enterprise, middleware, and messaging systems
- Strong experience in software development, systems engineering
- Expert business acumen and knowledge of root cause analysis and problem detection
- Extensive experience with multiple software applications design tools and languages
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Evaluating forms and processes for software applications testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at senior management levels
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA