Application Security Engineer
Location: Van Wert, Ohio or Dublin, Ohio – Hybrid Work Model
We are a team of employees who are passionate to deliver best in class customer service and innovation in the industry. It’s because we put Integrity, Relationships and Excellence in all aspects of our work.
Our employees have the opportunity to fully utilize their talents and bring their best self. We believe that who you are is just as important as what you do!
Security and Technology plays a crucial role in our ability to deliver best-in-class insurance products. We are looking for an Application Security Engineer to join our Security & Compliance team. We are looking for curious people that have a passion for security. This role would be heavily involved with application penetration testing using tools and techniques such as DAST and SAST. Our mission is to produce a constantly optimized cycle of risk evaluation and vulnerability reduction. We do this through threat modeling, strategic prioritization, and data driven decision making from security analytics.
How You’ll make an Impact
• Maintains a secure application development process
• Champions a process to identify and address software vulnerabilities
• Capable of performing root cause analysis on security vulnerabilities
• Manages and vets an inventory of trusted third party software components
• Maintains a Severity Rating System and process for prioritizing application vulnerabilities
• Advises on hardening configuration templates for application infrastructure including segmentation
• Provides training on application security concepts and secure coding for Software Engineering
• Implements code level security checks through DAST and SAST techniques.
• Assists with application penetration testing.
• Assists with Threat Modeling.
• Responsible for scripting automation for any middleware related to security tools and functions.
• Utilizes scripting for meta-data aggregation to allow for the creation of dashboards or other metrics for security analytics.
What You’ll Bring
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 2-4 years with application security concepts and secure coding.
• Experience with maintaining processes to ensure third party software components are updated in a timely fashion.
• Extensive experience in the software development life cycle.
• Experience working with product, software, data, and infrastructure engineering teams.
• Proven ability to apply secure design principles within application architecture.
• Ability to assist with application penetration tests and threat modeling exercises.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA