Personal Lines Underwriter
Location: Hybrid Work Model
By joining the team as a Personal Lines Underwriter, you will be responsible for effectively managing your assigned territory by building strong relationships with agents, writing a profitable book of business, and providing top notch service.
- Effectively underwrite new business and renewals in assigned territory to maximize profit potential
- Interpret coverage and demonstrate risk management expertise
- Manage assigned book of business, and implement strategic initiatives based upon analysis and measure outcome
- Develop and maintain excellent rapport with our agents, insureds, and Central employees
- Provide input and data to help drive and implement strategic underwriting initiatives
- Interact collaboratively with various business partners including claims, sales, actuary, and compliance
- Travel as needed to develop relationships within territory
What your qualifications may look like:
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Personal Lines Underwriting experience OR PL product knowledge or risk management experience
- Prefer knowledge of Personal Lines coverages and policies in the northeast states
- Ability to analyze available data and make effective decisions
- Strong communication skill, presentation & negotiation skills
- Will require two days a week in the office
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 11605 Haynes Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
- 404 Wyman St, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 7301 State Hwy 161, Irving, TX 75039, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA