By joining the Corporate Accounting Team as an Accounting Specialist, you will assist with the treasury processes. This role includes responsibilities related to the Company’s billing system, cash processing, and related agency billing processes.
- Process vendor onboarding and credit applications, administration of 1099s, and B-notices through the provider system
- Assist in the daily Accounts Payable closing process
- Various tasks within the accounts receivable space such as, processing premium payments from policyholder, handling agency bill tasks, evaluating and maintaining reports and suspense items, and collect personal and commercial outstanding earned and audit premium balances.
- Handle monthly direct bill commission checkout
- Participate in project work and miscellaneous banking responsibilities as assigned
- Develop, demonstrate, and apply knowledge of relevant systems
- Provide excellent customer service to agents and internal customers.
- Assist with bank reconciliations, accounts payable, travel and expense, escheatment, and other treasury processes as assigned.
- Provide assigned coverage (weekly, monthly, etc.) to maintain working knowledge of other department responsibilities.
What your qualifications may look like:
- Associate’s degree in business, accounting, or related field preferred
- Possess a positive, professional, cooperative, and quality-conscious service attitude that upholds Central's core values of integrity, relationships, and excellence
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally using proper grammar both orally and in writing
- Capability to analyze and research billing questions
- Strong math skills and the ability to work accurately with figures
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize tasks to meet required deadlines, and work independently
- Detail oriented with the ability to follow written procedures
- Billing and accounts receivable experience
- Accounting knowledge helpful
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- Van Wert, OH 45891, USA