Liability Large Loss Manager
Location: Region Office, Hybrid
Central’s Liability Large Loss Manager leads the Liability Large Loss team and will play a critical role in achieving our Claims’ mission of achieving Optimal Claim Outcomes on all losses, delivering exceptional hospitality to our policyholders all with a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness. This individual is fully accountable for the results of the Liability Large Loss team, managing a team of Liability Large Loss Specialists to ensure the team’s performance relative to corporate objectives measured by key performance indicators in accordance with established procedures, policies and best practices.
- Provide strategic leadership to a team of technical Claims professionals and is responsible for the ongoing management of staff by attracting talent, setting clear direction, providing appropriate guidance, managing performance, recognizing contributions and developing capabilities
- Manage the Liability Large Loss team to achieve established claims objectives in accordance with the claims mission and established policies and procedures
- Cultivate effective relationships with agency partners and other internal and external stakeholders to achieve the overall business objectives and to continuously improve Central’s Claims operations
- Effectively communicate strategy and priorities, set expectations, hold team accountable, and achieve results
- Manage resources appropriately – staffing, workloads, external suppliers, adjusting expenses
- Ensure reserve and payment accuracy; provide reserve and payment authority
- Develop and maintain Central’s large loss and reinsurance reporting processes and capabilities
- Administer day-to-day operations of Central’s Liability Large Loss Claims Organization
- Maintain Large Loss reporting, feedback loops and collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Complete performance appraisals and participate in salary recommendations
- Assist in selection of new employees
- Available for regular overnight travel to regional and home offices and staff locations as required
What your qualifications may look like:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience; CPCU and/or other insurance designations preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain all required state department of insurance adjusting licenses for all states we do business in
- Minimum 10 years complex claims handling experience in the insurance industry (specific experience with complex auto, general liability and construction losses) with at least 5 years supervisory/management experience involving oversight of liability claims, performance management, litigation management, process improvement and change management.
- Experience in complex coverage analysis and significant large loss evaluations
- Superior people and management skills to properly manage staff
- Technical and business management acumen; advanced claims investigation and resolution skills; advanced knowledge of insurance and claims handling principles, track record of effective litigation management
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Claims, Underwriting, Loss Control and Actuarial functions
Working at Central
We pride ourselves on our long history—not just the years we’ve been in business, but the thousands of policyholders we’ve provided peace of mind to along the way. We’ve also built a reputation of being one of the top carrier choices for premier agents across the country.
None of this came about by chance. It’s all because we have a team of employees that works together to deliver the best customer service in the industry. We foster a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie. We celebrate our victories as one while still recognizing individual accomplishments and contributions. And when we see something that needs to be improved upon, we join forces to make the change.
In addition, we’ve built a structure where the customer truly is the focus. We have the systems, workflows and resources in place to offer quick turnarounds that still have a personal touch. This allows our employees to have the tools they need to excel.
Our corporate culture is shaped by our shared commitment to excellence and it’s guided by “Central Hospitality.” In the end, it’s all about relationships and you are a major part of that.
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 11605 Haynes Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30009, USA
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 7301 State Hwy 161, Irving, TX 75039, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA
- 90 S 400 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA