Lead Software Engineer
Location: Hybrid Work Model
Technology plays a crucial role in our ability to deliver best-in-class insurance products. We are looking for a Tech Lead to join our Policy-Admin team. The Policy-Admin subsystem is used by a variety of internal stakeholders to design, configure and deploy our insurance products. This mission-critical system offers complex technical challenges and the opportunity to work with the latest technologies like Kafka, cloud, and distributed systems.
You will be responsible for overseeing design, scoping, implementation, and working closely with the development teams to add features and resolve bugs. You will be expected to help choose design patterns, coach younger engineers on technology choices, conduct peer reviews, and provide feedback to engineering managers on system quality.
- Guide teams through the development lifecycle – from designing, implementation, peer review, to production delivery and support.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager and team to break features into work for engineers to build.
- Work with engineers to review implementation quality and design choices.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to ‘debug’ why the team is slow to deliver.
- Provide coaching to engineers on making design tradeoffs for risk and long-term maintainability.
- Review and evaluate designs and development activities for compliance with guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
What your qualifications might look like:
- Strong experience in design and development of .NET applications using SQL databases
- Experience with REST APIs and service oriented architecture patterns.
- You understand how to design databases to meet the application requirements, understand tradeoffs with database normalization levels, and are able to create and troubleshoot queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation) and project management skills, including work estimation, prioritization, planning, tracking, and retrospectives
- You have the ability to assist teams to iron out processes which will expedite software delivery.
- You treat engineering as a craft and enjoy coaching others.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated competence
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information. #LI-Hybrid
- 425 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017, USA
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA