PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: Responsible for posting payment, applying payments, making the daily deposits and making collection calls.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Process AR invoices timely and accurately
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Perform outbound collection calls for aged receivables
- Handle client inquiries on invoices, bills outstanding
- Generate Daily Invoicing
- Assist in month-end reconciliations of outstanding AR to GL
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma (some college a plus).
- 2+ years’ experience as an Accounts Receivable Processor or Collections
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with internal customers and external partners
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work well both with groups and independently
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem-solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT:
Must be able to interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, customers and/or vendors to the point that productivity and morale are positively affected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
This work is performed in a moderately noisy office environment.
Honor Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination against or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.