Are you a hard-working, dependable, team player with a keen ability to keep things clean? If so, join the Honor Foods Team as a Sanitation Team Member!
2nd & 3rd Shift Available
2nd Shift (Sunday to Thursday 3:00pm- 11:30pm)
3rd Shift (Sunday- Thursday 11:00pm- 7:30am)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
To maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work environment to not only meet, but exceed company standards. Tools to be used include but are not limited to hand brooms, mops, spray cans/bottles etc. Use of an electric or manual pallet jack to maneuver product while cleaning product home slots is required. (Training provided) Assure that the highest degree of sanitation and housekeeping is maintained and that pest control systems are working effectively. Remove all refuse and recyclables to authorized pickup areas. Ensure trash/recyclable collection areas are empty and clean. Clean break rooms and work areas. Prepare and complete all reports as required. Take note of any damage or safety issues and report to floor leadership.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General housekeeping inside and outside of warehouse facility, to include , floors, racking, doors, etc.
- Inspect clean, report pest control activity to operations manager.
- Re-stock/Sort pallet supply
- Move all waste to designated trash pick-up areas.
- Follow daily schedule as assigned by supervisor to insure continuous sanitation maintenance program
Occasional Work Performed:
- Restroom/ break room cleaning.
- Perimeter line cleaning and dusting
- Freezer/Cooler Cleaning
- Clean sidewalks, maintain safe environment in inclement weather.
- Operate floor sweeper/ scrubber machine in warehouse as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent attendance and ability to maintain positive working relationships with fellow co-workers.
- Must be able to follow instructions/directions
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Problem-solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT:
Must be able to interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, customers and/or vendors to the point that productivity and morale are positively affected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A combination of standing and walking
- Includes frequently reaching with hands and arms, and using hands to finger, handle, and feel.
- Includes some crawling, kneeling, crouching, turning, climbing and balancing.
- Includes frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and regularly hand lifting and/or moving up to 75lbs.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception acuities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described in this section are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Outside work – all weather-related temperature range and condition
- Inside work, temperature range -10° to 85° with hot, humid, wet, cold, and dusty environments(non-weather)
- Work on a dock; work around moving objects and mechanical parts
- Noise level (moderate), ventilation (adequate), lighting (adequate)
- Work alone, and work with and around others
- Requires the wearing of company approved hard-toed safety shoes and personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
Honor Foods, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination again or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.00
- Max Hiring Rate $15.00
- Honor Foods Philadelphia, PA, 5505 Tacony Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America