1st Shift eFulfillment Selector
Would you like to be part of a fast-moving team that works in a safe, clean environment? Are you looking for highly competitive pay with overtime opportunities - PLUS perks and incentives? We also offer a full suite of benefits that support you and your family. From medical, dental, and vision plans, to 401k with a company match and flexible spending accounts, paid tuition, legal aid, and more, we’ve got you and your family covered.
Did you ever wonder where the magic happens for the meal delivery vendors you see on social media? If you find yourself thinking “yes, this is me!” as you read this, then apply today!
As an e-fulfillment warehouse team member, you’ll be a part of a team atmosphere working on a modern pick and pass conveyor system. You'll utilize technology to assist you in selecting frozen and other perishable products from warehouse pick slots destined for packages that are delivered directly to the consumer. The work is done in a refrigerated warehouse, so remember, keeping busy will keep you warmer. And luckily, we are busy!
Our warehouses are temperature-controlled, ranging anywhere from 30 degrees in the cooler to -20 degrees in the freezer, with this role working mostly in the 30-degree area. The environment is warm, but the warehouse is cold!
You’ll be Responsible for
- Box assembly to customer speciﬁcations
- Safely and accurately selecting product from directions provided through a voice headset
- Train and mentor team members as appropriate
- Accurately handle, count, and verify products for any types of adulteration or damage
- Responsibly handle dry ice, following safety protocols, and using appropriate PPE at all times.
- Perform all tasks safely, accurately, professionally, and proficiently to safeguard all people, products, equipment, and structures and meet reasonably established productivity standards.
- Ensure all paperwork is legible, accurate, completed timely, and delivered to its proper place or persons
- Clean up and repair of dock and facility areas
- Ensuring order accuracy
- Stacking completed order boxes on pallets to ship
- Operate Material Handling Equipment (MHE) (in a controlled, safe and professional manner, only if currently trained and/or certified, by the location that you work)
- Regular and consistent attendance as scheduled
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, speak English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse, working environment
- Ability to work in a cold freezer warehouse environment
- Ability to handle and physically be near products that may contain food allergens (such as fish, shellfish, peanuts, etc.)
- Ability to accommodate flexible schedules to meet the needs of the customer to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work mandatory overtime
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Independently lift up to 35 lbs occasionally
- Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat on a frequent to continual basis in a refrigerated/freezer warehouse environment
- Able to grasp, reach, push, or pull (such as boxes of product, or a handcart) frequently
- Able to work in temperatures as low as 30 degrees Fahrenheit, with opportunities to work in -20 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in a noisy warehouse environment
Join the Burris Team
Since 1925 Burris has been growing its business and its family of team members. From driver to warehouse, dispatcher to administration, the Burris team is known for integrity, reliability, and a dedication to customers. Join our team and experience a reputation to be proud of.
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Burris Logistics Waukesha, WI, 900 Gale St., Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States of America