PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION: Supports all IT requirements across the business. Maintains existing operating systems while developing enhancements that meet the ongoing challenges from the business. Needs to be up to date on industry trends, and new technology in the market. Able to succeed in a fast pace work environment where multi-tasking is a requirement. Strong interpersonal skills and is comfortable engaging with peers, supplier’s, and team members at all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Analysis, designing, coding, customizing, installing, testing, implementing, and maintaining propriety system software developed in UniData and System Builder, to support the company’s plans and objective;
· Maintain and develop data integration and automation processes to leverage data sharing between company and partner systems.
· Provides database management functions, tune Unidata system for optimum performance on Windows server.
· Install and configure Unidata & System Builder updates and upgrades as needed.
· Provide support functions in terms of monitoring critical application processes, schedule processes, and user processes.
· Respond to critical alerts in a timely manner.
· Communicate effectively with the end users to understand issues or to take new requests.
· Develop and maintain ERP documentation to support current and new system functions.
· Participate in project design meetings as needed.
· Maintain and develop EDI solutions to meet the ever growing industry requirements.
· Other related duties may also be performed; not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual holding this classification.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work history
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in development and support of Unidata/Universe applications
- Some System Builder experience preferred
- Proven track record of ownership and ability to drive the delivery of software to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral English communication, cross-group collaboration and team-building skills
- Ability to think strategically and tactically about technical, business, cross-functional/cross-site development issues
- Experience in distribution/manufacturing is a plus
- Experience working with distributed/global teams
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
ProblemSolving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT:
Must be able to interact courteously and tactfully with managers, co-workers, customers and/or vendors to the point that productivity and morale are positively affected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
This work is performed in a moderately noisy office environment.
Honor Foods, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination again or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Honor Foods Philadelphia, PA, 5505 Tacony Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America