Facilities - Maintenance Associate C
New Distribution Center, 400 Industrial Avenue, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America Req #355
Monday, January 23, 2023
Responsible for performing a variety of maintenance and construction functions in support of the Building Facilities Maintenance Department. Year Round Employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grounds work and clean up and other facility related project clean up work
- Police grounds for garbage
- Snow removal and shoveling
- Work with project crew on special projects (as general labor)
- Operation of fertilizer spreaders, small land tractor, shrub trimmers, weed trimmers, edgers, etc.
- Ability to respond to facility emergencies during unscheduled hours
- Minor equipment repair
- General labor in support of Department needs.
- Other duties as required
- Snow plowing experience
- Knowledge of plant and lawn care
- Landscaping experience
- Some construction and paving experience
- Ability to work quickly and accurately during times of stress and pressure
- Must be highly self motivated
- Valid Drivers License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Job requirements are those that are physical in nature. They include walking, squatting, reaching, twisting, bending, standing and carrying up to 80 pounds, on dry, wet and/or slippery surfaces and mostly in an outdoor environment while operating various forms of construction and maintenance equipment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- New Distribution Center, 400 Industrial Avenue, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America