Director of Real Estate
Old Distribution Center, 275 Schoolhouse Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America Req #367
Friday, January 20, 2023
The Real Estate and Development Director will provide strategic leadership and hands-on direction for Bozzuto’s and its retail stores. This position will be responsible for developing the market prioritization and site selection process while coordinating the efforts of real estate brokers, developers, and landlords; managing the attorneys and lease negotiations as well as ongoing lease administration; leading the store design team in creating highly efficient/aesthetically appealing store plans; and directing construction project manager(s) to quickly and efficiently open store locations.
- In collaboration with the senior leadership team and CEO, establish and implement market development plans and strategies considering the existing degree of market penetration, analysis of specific trade areas, and availability of quality locations that meet site selection criteria.
- Oversee the real estate team, evaluate opportunities and related information needed to make an informed analysis of, and recommendations for acquiring, obtaining, or disposal of leased properties.
- Analyze and evaluate data on a wide variety of real estate matters, including title/use information, architectural documentation, economic implications and property surveys.
- Approval point of all purchase contracts and leases to include approval of appropriate lease structures, business terms, rents, and leadership team approval conditions to assure compliance with legal and company standards relative to lease documentation, use requirements, and rent controls.
- Liaise with Company’s legal resources regarding lease negotiations and lease revisions; oversee and provide insight into the negotiations and document lease extensions and other lease amendments (kick out’s, performance clause rent reductions, buybacks etc.).
Preferred Qualifications ( *May be opportunity for Business Law School graduate)
- 5+ years experience in Real Estate related functions with experience in a Retail Real Estate leadership role
- Demonstrated success in commercial property management
- A proven record of accomplishment in real estate site selection and site approval for a multi-state, multi-unit environment and a strong working knowledge of commercial construction.
- Established a network of Retail Developers and Landlords in both traditional and non-traditional retail formats.
- Knowledge of back-of-house and front-of-house retail store design & construction.
- Strong analytical skills – experience with creating store pro-formas and economic analysis/ evaluations.
- Knowledge of site plan engineering, zoning laws, local ordinances, leases, and contracts.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Relationship management boardroom-level communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate effectively in a matrixed environment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Old Distribution Center, 275 Schoolhouse Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America