SVP Retail Sales and Merchandising
Old Distribution Center, 275 Schoolhouse Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America Req #366
Friday, January 20, 2023
As the Senior Vice President of Retail Sales and Merchandising, you have the opportunity to establish a dynamic strategic vision and focus on driving opportunities for future growth. Every day will bring new excitement and opportunity as a key leader in the Adams Hometown Markets organization. The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring a robust merchandising package to all our retailers across all of our retail stores serving the needs and expectations of the communities in which we operate.
- Develop effective merchandising plans for categories across varying geographic locations, representing customer insights, consumer trends, buying patterns, sales and inventory metrics, forecasting, and competitive landscape.
- Create and sell strategic category growth programs
- Manage sales volumes vs. the annual business plan as well as the monthly demand plan
- Oversee promotional planning- collaboration with vendors and procurement leaders
- Oversee advertising production, rates, signage, Ad Layouts/commodities
- Optimizes store delivery planning for “just-in-time” and freshness
- Develop strategic plans for complex categories, supporting long-term business plans and executing on prioritized strategic programs.
- Leading projects and program management efforts: you'll lead and manage complex, medium to large-scale cross-functional customer implementation projects.
- Full P&L accountability delivering on revenue and profit targets with a focus on maximizing customer retention and LTV for the overall business.
- Participate in key strategic customer meetings and with targeted prospects as a subject matter expert.
- You are a people leader with a passion for developing and mentoring talent and building the Adams brand.
- Proven ability to guide suppliers, vendors, and your cross-functional team(s) in the development of customer-focused processes and products.
- Strong communication skills that enable you to convey topics in a concise manner to various audiences.
- You are data-savvy and can analyze competition, customer behavior, industry trends, and the macro environment.
- You are tenacious and dedicated and thrive working with ownership, autonomy, and a healthy dose of competition.
- Building relationships: you will use your influencing and leadership skills to build cross-functional partnerships with suppliers, vendors, business partners, and other merchants.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive Retail Operating Experience
- 4-5 successful years in Merchandising/Category Management
- A Passion for Sales & Merchandising & the Wholesale/Retail Business
- Ability to think strategically, plan, implement, lead, and manage
- Mastery level negotiating skillset and prior experience in negotiating contracts.
- Proven Leadership capability,
- Exceptional interpersonal and intrapersonal skillsets
- Pay Type Salary
- Old Distribution Center, 275 Schoolhouse Road, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America