New Distribution Center, 400 Industrial Avenue, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America Req #365
Friday, January 13, 2023
The Facility Electrician is responsible for troubleshooting; repairing all facility equipment; coordinating new installations in accordance with NEC, company, and manufacturer standards; overseeing contractors; electrical projects; assisting others with repairs; being on call; responding to facility emergencies during unscheduled hours; and perform other functions as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform hands on repair and maintenance of electrical work for all facility related items.
- Ability to read drawings and schematics, utilize a variety of test equipment and work with high voltage (480V) also required.
- Maintain parts stock to ensure usage is consistent with scheduled work activities.
- Will be essential in performing installation of new equipment
- Connecting and inspecting portable generators
- Daily work requires understanding & troubleshooting of electrical circuits.
- Follow all work rules, safety rules and procedures including wearing proper PPE at all times.
- Follow through of job and tasks to completion. Including paperwork, reports, and other documentation required, as directed by management.
- Communication, oral and written, with supervisors at beginning and end of shift.
- Will be required to assist other co-workers on projects and employee functions as needed.
- Emergency call-ins response to power outages and equipment failures as required.
- All other job duties as assigned by Management.
Education / Experience Required:
- Industrial experience a must.
- Familiarity with NEC standards and application thereof.
- Ability to install and troubleshoot motor control and electrical circuits from low voltage to 480VAC.
- Electrical and mechanical background essential.
- Building repairs: Lighting, docks, overhead doors, HVAC equipment, office and warehouse wiring.
- Electrical E2 license required.
- Valid driver’s license required
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
- Job requirements are those that are physical in nature. They include walking, squatting, reaching, twisting, bending, standing and carrying up to 75 pounds, on dry, wet and/or slippery surfaces.
- Be able to work in small cramped areas and lift arms above shoulder level.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from lift equipment at heights above 40 feet.
- Requires use of company vehicles. Must be physical capable of operating the vehicle safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
- Move heavy objects (50 pounds or more) long distances (over 50 feet).
- Perform work in varying environments with temperatures from -10° F to 90° F
- Job Family Facilities
- Job Function Facilities
- Pay Type Hourly
- New Distribution Center, 400 Industrial Avenue, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America