Equipment Repair Preventative Maintenance Technician
The Equipment Repair Class “PM” Technician is responsible for, but not limited to uphold department safety and maintain warehouse production through safe, timely repairs and battery changes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Safety needs to be first on the list of priority at all times starting when you drive on the property.
(Safety is your personal responsibility – if safety is at jeopardy stop what you are doing and contact a member of Bozzutos management for guidance).
• Immediately report to your Supervisor (any accidents and or problems that interfere with a safe and orderly work environment).
• Properly swipe in/out of the KRONOS time keeping system.
• Work extra hours in addition to normal schedule when needed.
• Maintain standards of personal hygiene and proper dress code.
• Perform safety inspection of Shop and Battery room areas.
• Confer with previous and present shifts regarding daily work and or problems.
• Monitor Battery Room, ensuring safety, work flow and timely battery changes are in order.
• Coordinate workflow by established priority
• Review and uphold that all daily shop operational procedures are being completed.
• Perform a variety of mechanical repairs on electric forklifts and electric pallet jacks etc.
• Complete any required training set by the company and management to properly perform job.
• Other duties required.
- Must be able to follow verbal or written instructions easily.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as a team member in a team driven environment.
- Must have a minimum of 1year of experience in the Mechanical field. Forklift, Automotive, Tractor Trailers, Heavy equipment and or ETC.
- Must be able to complete minor repairs and ability to identify minor common issues.
- Must have experience in assisting on more moderate to major jobs.
- Must have basic knowledge on how electrical components work.
- Must be willing to learn to the basic knowledge of welding / cutting.
- Must have the knowledge of the proper use of power tools.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and be available to work all shifts/days of the week.
- Must pass post-employment offer physical and substance abuse screening.
- Must provide select hand tools. Minimum required list of tools will be given at the first interview. Must have 70% of the tools required on first day of work. 100% completion within the introductory period.
- Must be able to obtain proper certification for the operation of powered industrial equipment pertaining to your position. (Management holds the right to add and remove different equipment types as workloads changes).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Job requirements are those that are physical in nature. They include walking, squatting, reaching, twisting, bending, standing and carrying up to 100 pounds, on dry, wet and/or slippery surfaces and mostly in an outdoor environment while operating various forms of construction and maintenance equipment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- New Distribution Center, 400 Industrial Avenue, Cheshire, Connecticut, United States of America