Manager of Finance Operations
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We are all entrepreneurs who love to innovate and win with a passion for serving our customers. While we take personal ownership of our everyday work, we recognize that we only win as a team.
Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 7 offices across the U.S., or remotely. We're building more than a tech company – we're building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you'll tell for years, you've come to the right place.
AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
AvidXchange is creating an exciting new role for Manager of Accounting and Analysis in its Revenue Operations and fast-growing strategic partnerships business. The ideal candidate in addition to having strong accounting skills is one with high energy, growth mindset and demonstrated experience in data analysis. This position will be providing support for several cross-functional teams within AvidXchange and will be an integral part of the improvement and automation of current processes.
- Review contractual arrangements with AvidXchange’s strategic partners. Analyze the deal structure for revenue and gross margin opportunities.
- Interpret and document complex contract language. Ensure that partner revenue share is calculated correctly and according to the agreement.
- Manage all aspects of relationship with external strategic partners including oversight to revenue share calculation for AvidXchange’s strategic partners.
- Lead automation of partner commission calculations. Provide business user requirements to IT, partner with internal teams to develop scalable automation to support decision making process.
- Partner with sales organization to provide guidance on overall partner strategy.
- Review partner commission calculations and related GL entries.
- Develop and prepare monthly management reporting package with variance analysis explanations and key metrics.
- Review monthly analysis, reconciliations, and journal entries.
- Manage a team of analysts that calculate revenue share and process payments to strategic partners on a monthly and quarterly basis on a strict timeline.
- Train, develop, and grow the accounting team members’ skills.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of five years of accounting experience with general ledger functions, month-end/year-end close, and/or FP&A.
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience (both functionally and administratively).
- Proven experience in process improvements and automation.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate to advanced Excel.
- Accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well on a team and a positive disposition.
- Resilient to change and ambiguity. Ability to work in fast paced environment.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- Public Accounting experience.
- CPA candidate or CPA Certification.
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Experience with developing SQL queries
- Knowledge of databases
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Management