Accounting Analyst II
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We are all entrepreneurs who love to innovate and win with a passion for serving our customers. While we take personal ownership of our everyday work, we recognize that we only win as a team.
Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 7 offices across the U.S., or remotely. We're building more than a tech company – we're building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you'll tell for years, you've come to the right place.
AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
In this role, Accounting/Finance Analyst will be responsible for calculation commissions for our partners timely and accurately per contract terms. To be successful in this role, you must have excellent attention to details, strong communication skills, critical thinking, and analytical skills. Additionally, the Accounting Analyst will assist in various ad-hoc processes that support partner commission plans. This is a cross-functional role where you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many departments within the organization including Sales, Finance, and Senior Leadership. You will be a key member of the Accounting Team.
- Calculate partner commissions accurately and according to the partner agreement
- Prepare invoices in NetSuite for reseller partners
- Find opportunities and recommend process improvements and automations
- Update partner records in accounting system
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management upon request
- Work with internal customers (Sales, Finance, Implementation teams) to build relationships and resolve issues
- Build and maintain good working relationships with external partners
Required Education, Skills, and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 4 years of Accounting or Finance experience
- Has an engaging personality, and is enthusiastic and eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Fosters and builds collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- High level of self-motivation, ability to accomplish goals independently
- Proficient in understanding and applying contract languages
- Knowledge of ERP (NetSuite, Salesforce, and commission processing software)
- Excellent analytical skills (data collection and modeling, what-if scenarios)
- Strong attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and perform research/analysis on complex issues
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Technically savvy with a strong interest / experience working with new software tools and system implementations.
- Problem solver with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Qualification
- Public Accounting experience a plus
- CPA candidate or CPA Certification a plus
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function Financial Planning & Analysis
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Professional