Senior Software Engineer
AvidXchange Birmingham AL, Two Perimeter Park South, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America ● AvidXchange Charlotte NC, 1210 AVIDXCHANGE LN, CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, United States of America ● AvidXchange Houston TX, 2100 TRAVIS ST, SUITE 300, HOUSTON, Texas, United States of America ● AvidXchange Sandy UT, 111 E Sego Lily Drive, SANDY, Utah, United States of America ● Virtual
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
AvidXchange is a leading provider of accounts payable (“AP”) automation software and payment solutions for middle market businesses and their suppliers. By trade, we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you our people are at the core of who we are. We are all entrepreneurs who love to innovate and win with a passion for serving our customers. While we take personal ownership of our everyday work, we recognize that we only win as a team.
Since our founding in 2000 in Charlotte, NC, we’ve created a company of over 1,600 teammates working in one of our 7 offices across the U.S., or remotely. We're building more than a tech company – we're building an experience. We remain committed to a culture where you can fully be 'you’ – connected with others, chasing big goals and making a meaningful impact. If you want to help us grow while realizing your potential and creating stories you'll tell for years, you've come to the right place.
AvidXchange is proud to be Certified™ as a Great Place to Work®. The prestigious recognition is based on anonymous data from our teammates and makes official what our teammates have known for years – that AvidXchange is a Great Place to Work®.
- Working together in small, focused Agile teams with other experienced engineers to perform full life cycle application development
- Building open communication with your Product Owner, Quality Test Automation Engineers, fellow Software Engineers, and Development DBA to understand and transform business requirements into business-savvy features
- Solving problems, debugging and optimizing code to ensure optimum performance and security
- Determining optimal solutions for architecture, efficiency, maintainability, and scalability
- Collaborating with Senior Engineers and Technical leads in the design, review, and implementation of new solutions
- Teaming up with QA to review, approve and design against test cases- ensuring our demanding customers' expectations are fulfilled
- Create code solutions that follow architecture’s prescribed standards and industry best practices
- Conduct code reviews and sharing of feedback in coordination with Senior Engineers
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related and 5+ years of .NET software development experience building web-based applications OR a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related and 3+ years of .NET software development experience
- Exercising sound coding practices, such as unit testing, object-oriented programming, and patterns Using
- Advanced SQL including stored procedures, indexes, triggers, and functions
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Azure experience creating pipelines, CI/CD, deploying infrastructure via infrastructure as code
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Building applications in Azure-based Cloud architectures
- Designing solutions with modern architecture patterns background: Microservices, SOA, Domain-Driven Design, CQRS, Asynchronous Messaging, Service Bus, Event Sourcing, APIs, Web Services
- Employing secure coding practices including familiarity with OWASP top ten.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer.
AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate
against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This
includes, but is not limited to veteran status, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age
and physical or mental disability.
Software Development Engineering