Entry Level - Sales Representative
The Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales growth and new product adoption, while serving as the contact for orders and product related inquiries. In addition, this position will be responsible for scheduling demonstrations at end-user job sites and attending trade shows.
- Drive incremental sales growth with distributors and end-user accounts in the assigned territory.
- Build relationships with key decision makers to maximize product sales and new product adoption.
- Communicate with customers by phone, email, or in-person and process quotes/orders in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Respond to customer inquiries for quotes, literature, additional product information, and delivery status.
- Maintain the sales funnel with inputs from the Sales team and participate in monthly sales funnel and market trend reviews.
- Coordinate with manufacturing, planning, and accounts receivable as needed to ensure efficient processing of customer orders.
- Schedule demonstrations at end-user job sites and communicate feedback to sales and product management.
- Attend local and national industry trade shows.
- Create and develop structured territory coverage plans/call cycles to optimize time management and company resources.
- Maintain a database of key contracts/activities for managing and developing customer relationships.
- Maintain and update distributor displays, adding new products, additional SKU's and re-balancing inventory when necessary. Must keep displays full, clean and neat.
- Continually prospect for new customers and channels of distribution.
- Complete and submit all reports as required.
- Maintain current and accurate records as required, updating Customer Relationship Management (CRM) sales software on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all company property is accounted for and maintained properly and all company policies, procedures, programs and promotions are implemented.
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of related sales or customer service experience is required. Must be willing and able to travel at least three weeks per month.
Must be professional and credible when interacting with customers. Must have a strong team focus and customer commitment. Ability to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
General Machine Products (KT) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Trevose, Feasterville-Trevose, PA, USA