District Sales Manager - UT
There has never been a better time to join Klein Tools!
The District Manager is responsible for territory plans and activities leading to achievement of sales quotas within his/her respective territory and assigned channels of distribution.
- Increase territory sales volume and exceed all quotas for new products and promotions.
- Create and sustain relationships with influential decision makers, top managers and owners of all distributors in his/her territory. Participate in regular updates to these key management personnel.
- Participate in annual, quarterly and monthly planning with the top 25 national accounts and marketing group accounts. Set objectives as well as reviews with distributors and the Regional Sales Manager.
- Maintain and update distributor displays, adding new products, additional SKU’s and re-balancing inventory when necessary. Must keep displays full, clean and neat. Before and after pictures to be submitted to RM.
- Participate in personal calls to all Vo-Tech and educational facilities in his/her territory to promote sales through local distributors via class presentations, award dinners, and other tasks as necessary to increase brand awareness and preference to the trades. Solicit IBEW/NJATC locations on a regular basis and ensures Klein Tools peg boards are on display.
- Create and sustain relationships with influential decision makers, top managers and owners of all key end users in his/her territory. Make end user calls to job sites in respective territory.
- Continually prospect for new customers and channels of distribution adding distributors and stocking locations where necessary to increase territory sales. Keep a current listing all of prospective new accounts.
- Complete and submit all reports on time. Maintain current and accurate records as required, updating Customer Relationship Management (CRM) sales software on a daily basis. Ensure that all company property is accounted for and maintained properly and all company policies, procedures, programs and promotions are implemented.
- Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
- Associates Degree and one (1) year sales experience are required. Bachelors Degree preferred. Must have a proven track record of continued sales growth and success.
- Must have versatility and flexibility in adjusting to changing business needs and priorities, and strong communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization. Must be physically able to perform all physical duties associated with this position, driving long distances, lifting, and demonstrating products. Must be bondable, and possesses a valid driver’s license at all times.
Physical Demand Requirements
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
Klein Tools is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For candidates with disabilities and needing assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Telecommute % 75
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA