Wellness Attendant- Part Time
With more than 60,000 members across Chester County, our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of the communities we serve. In addition, our volunteers, staff, members and donors are all united by a deep commitment to continually strengthen Chester County.
Job Title: Wellness Attendant Part Time
Branch: Upper Main Line YMCA
Location: Berwyn, PA
Shifts/Availability: Weekday afternoons 2-6pm, Weekday evenings 6-10pm , Weekend Afternoon 11am-3pm
Salary: $12.00/ hour
About the YMCA of Greater Brandywine:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine (YGBW), an association of eight YMCAs serving Chester County, is a non-profit organization committed to nurturing the potential of every child, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility through life-changing programs for all.
Position Purpose: The Upper Main Line YMCA is looking for enthusiastic, fitness-focused Wellness Associates to assist members with fitness equipment and help members attain their fitness goals.
- Conduct Wellness Center orientations based on YMCA of Greater Brandywine guidelines
- Provide assistance in a safe, enthusiastic, thorough, courteous and professional manner
- Follow YMCA of Greater Brandywine Wellness Center best practices including welcoming each member as they enter the Wellness Center and keeping facility and equipment clean
- Report and document any mechanical or breakdown problems immediately to director
- Be available for advice, spotting and other assistance to membership
- Follow up with members using an established tracking system to ensure points of contact are being made to provide support and retain the membership.
- Become fully and completely knowledgeable regarding all facilities, programs and services offered throughout the branch
- In cooperation with Member Services participate in joint retention programs and services
- Maintain continuous surveillance of Wellness Center
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Effective communication skills and ability to interface with the public, required
- Enjoy working with and helping people with a friendly and positive demeanor, required
Knowledge and/or experience in basic exercise principles, required
- Making a difference in a person’s life every day
- Fun, fast-paced work environment
- Working for a diverse and inclusive community based non-profit
Free individual membership (or discounted family membership), valid with active employment and includes program discounts throughout the YMCA of Greater Brandywine Association
- Pay Type Hourly
- Upper Main Line YMCA, 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd., 1416 Berwyn Paoli Rd, Berwyn, Pennsylvania, United States of America